Saturday Dinner 3/31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm going to make the stir-fry with black bean sauce, beef and mushrooms I passed on yesterday.

I think it will be "big pot of chicken soup day" in the Beier house today.

We both have horrendous colds and are taking it easy to see if we can get better for Monday when the rat race begins again. :wacko:

Blech on the colds, LP! Feel better soon!

After all the talk of beans and rice, think I will make, ummm, uhh, oh yeah! Beans and rice! Spelunking the freezer, I found some presoaked black and pinto beans, got ham and kielbasa, will try Patty's spice mix.

Edit: I did a variation on .40's TNT, much yummage!

Last edited:
roasting a small heritage turkey: pancetta under the skin, rosemary and fennel in the cavity, served with a mushroom ragout, linguini, rappini, olives grape leaves marinated mozzarella before ... a few close friends to help enjoy

then I have leftovers for sandwiches and a pot of soup! :)

Sorry to hear that you have terrible colds ... chicken soup is always healing ...
Try a touch of curry or a pinch of cayenne !!! It knocks it out ... or smoked paprika ...

Have a nice wkend, feel better,
Margi Cintrano.

Sorry to hear that you have terrible colds ... chicken soup is always healing ...
Try a touch of curry or a pinch of cayenne !!! It knocks it out ... or smoked paprika ...

Have a nice wkend, feel better,
Margi Cintrano.
Thanks, Margi, for the tip and the well wishes. I have used cayenne in my soup but never curry - going to try that one as we love chicken and curry!

Curry and cayenne are fab in fighting bacterias and colds ... Give it a try ... Glad that you enjoy curry ... It is very good for flus too.

Kind regards and speedy recovery.
Margi.

Tonight DW is going out with a gaggle of her friends to have dinner, and then to see "Hunger Games" (is it just me, or is there something oxymoronic about that combination of activities?).

So I'm fending for myself tonight. Since Mrs. K isn't keen on super spicy foods, I'm thinking it will be a Thai Curry night for me. I am craving something scorching hot. To help things along, I have a bottle of ghost pepper sauce that I sometimes bring with to Thai restaurants, since they almost always tone down the spice for Minnesota palates.

Oh, and a nice beer to wash it down with. I'm partial to Goose Island Honker's Ale with spicy Thai food.

Wish me luck! :)

Tonight DW is going out with a gaggle of her friends to have dinner, and then to see "Hunger Games" (is it just me, or is there something oxymoronic about that combination of activities?).

So I'm fending for myself tonight. Since Mrs. K isn't keen on super spicy foods, I'm thinking it will be a Thai Curry night for me. I am craving something scorching hot. To help things along, I have a bottle of ghost pepper sauce that I sometimes bring with to Thai restaurants, since they almost always tone down the spice for Minnesota palates.

Oh, and a nice beer to wash it down with. I'm partial to Goose Island Honker's Ale with spicy Thai food.

Sounds really good Steve, except I think you'll need 2-3 beers (or more) to balance the meal.

Steve,

Sounds wonderful. I have a real penchant for the piquant genre of chili peps and curries ... I adore Indian, especially vindaloo prawns or chicken ...

Icy cold beer is refreshing with piquant cuisines ... enjoy.

Have nice evening.
Margi.

Spent the day helping my son and his girlfriend move her friend (the 3 of them shared and apartment) and clean their old apartment. I think Papa John will be cooking for us tonight.

:LOL: Can I "borrow" that?

Cornish pasties with beef, ginger and garlic
Sweetened lime water
Tomato curry soup
Cauliflower with peas
Strawberry milky dessert pudding

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom