Saturday dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got back from a reception/dinner..there was potato salad, macaroni salad, caesar salad, tamale pie, rolls and butter, and meatballs in mushroom gravy..

me & jake decided we're hungry so 2:00 excursion to obtain pork & probably veggies/starch.
we're leafing through my new cookbook.

so, after our late-night excursion, we chose burgers. they're broiling as i type. he's so spoiled. sigh.

Last edited:
Does no one celebrate twelfth night? I do have a delayed twelfth night party to go to tonight. But last night I seared one of the best delicacies my little midwest grocery has to offer -- beautiful IQF scallops. Then made a white wine, roasted garlic, and olive oil sauce. My husband made home made fetuccini, thin to please me (he prefers thick). I happened to have a bag of zucchini that I'd julienned a couple of days ago, which got tossed into the skillet for a few seconds. It was wonderful. We spent the rest of the evening in front of the fireplace, listening to our favorite music and enjoying the last of the Christmas tree, which will start coming down today.

BTW, I love western Kentucky, it is one of the few places we considered setlling down.

Katie E said:
Hey, Sizz! Have a couple more cups of tea. Wouldn't unthaw be already cooked?:LOL: Just bein' silly. Have a great day.

:LOL: so right you were Katie.

I ended up making spagetti and garlic bread. I made a different spagetti sauce from my usual. We truely enjoyed the results of my new creation. However, I think I'm going to play around with it a bit more to make it amazing.

Back
Top Bottom