Saturday dinner ideas, February 17...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well since i am feeling so awful:( i'm doing nothing.....and if anyone asks(i know he will) i'll say what ever you are making honey:LOL:
and yes...I'm going to the clinic tonight...

i must admit everyones dinners sound sooooo good---hope you all enjoy/have enjoyed them

We're having pan-seared salmon fillets with dill sauce, baked potatoes, and something green...maybe brussels sprouts. They might be good with the dill sauce.

We're having fresh black bass, steamed then topped w/sliced green onions, soy and oyster sauce and sauteed green beans w/ ground pork and mustard greens strips with rice.

Nice thick pork chops,doctored with evoo,coarse ground black pepper,salt, garlic and grilled, twice baked potatoes, with butter,salt and pepper, sour cream,sliced green onion, topped with some sauteed mushrooms, veggie is fried corn..iceberg wedges with blue cheese for me, thousand for he, and kids can pick one...baked apples with vanilla ice cream..
kadesma:)

Well, normally we go out to dinner for my birthday, but I hate going out to dinner on a Saturday, plus everything here is a sheet of ice, plus husband has a broken tooth, plus I took a whopping flop out on the ice the other day & am nursing various bruises - so, husband went out & picked up a WONDERFUL selection of sushi, sashimi, salads, & condiments from our local Japanese restaurant. Everything was fresh & wonderful, & I didn't have to dress up &/or leave home to enjoy it!!! : )

Dinner ended up being pretty close to my original idea, that being...
1). Boneless skinless chicken breasts baked with a sauce of chipotle chili's, apricot and pineapple preserves, catsup, garlic and onion, vinegar, jalepeno, salt and pepper.
2). Baby spinach wilted bacon salad with hot bacon dressing, mushrooms, red onion, mandarin oranges, hard boiled egg, bacon, chunks of stilton bleu cheese.
3). Potato salad with onion, celery, black and green olives, pickles, bacon and chunks of colby cheese.
4). Sourdough garlic bread.
5). Oven roasted pencil asparagus & cauliflower with olive oil and salt and pepper.
6). Apple/pear/ginger crisp.

Back
Top Bottom