Saturday dinner ideas, February 17...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
With leftovers out the wazoo, I am not sure what dinner will be. My mother will be here [as I'll take her out of the place she now calls home, reluctantly] so I'd like to make something special just because of that.

@ 6:11AM, this sounds particularly good to me...
spicy chicken tenders, fried first, then dipped in hot sauce/butter, a green salad with bleu cheese and potato salad too with olives, onions, celery, peppers, cheese chuncks and bacon. Hum, perhaps I'm just hungry:(

What are you plannin for this Saturday evening dinner?

Lefslover, I sure could go for your dinner tonight - sounds yummy. Grandson's ae here so we will be having Pizza, and have cake and ice cream for dessert. Snowing again, so pretty.

I just made up another recipe! I'm so excited! I made this for lunch and will eat leftovers for dinner too!! :)

Quinoa & Adzuki Beans with Sweet Potato
. Chopped onion, cumin, cayenne pepper, peas and fresh parsley. Cooked the quinoa in veggie stock and the beans I soaked over night, tossed that water, cooked for 45 minutes and drained. Chopped the sweet potato into cubes and baked it for 30 minutes.

Even my meat loving husband liked it! (although he had a ham sandwich and chips for lunch) :-p

My husband and I have been invited to a combination Chinese New Year and House warming party this afternoon by a Chinese couple my husband works with. I guess it will be an adventure.

Pizza definately, I have some black forrest cured ham to go on the top also, Plenty cheese too! :)
though I must save some for that stuffed Mushroom recipe that guy/gal posted earlier in the week.

YT2095 said:
Pizza definately, I have some black forrest cured ham to go on the top also, Plenty cheese too! :)
though I must save some for that stuffed Mushroom recipe that guy/gal posted earlier in the week.

donde? oh please say where I can find it or PM me with it please:wacko:

Mozzarella Stuffed Mushrooms
25 fresh mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup bread crumbs
¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese

3 tablespoons parm cheese1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon parsley
¼ teaspoon salt

Preheat to 450º.

Remove stems from mushrooms. Combine garlic, bread crumbs, cheeses, butter, parsley and salt in bowl. Stuff mushrooms with mixture. Put on ungreased sheet. Bake 10 - 15 minutes.

Think I'm going to do a chicken stir fry tonight. We had spaghetti last night, and will be having chili tomorrow night at the cookoff so chicken is in order tonight. Either that or a pork roast. Hmmm...I may have changed my mind.

You mean your not still full of safety pins, Alix?!?;)

I'm making brisket, roasted potatoes and peas with mmushrooms. Apple crisp just came out of the oven--we'll see if that makes it 'till dessert tonight!

Barbara said:
Mozzarella Stuffed Mushrooms
25 fresh mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup bread crumbs
¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese

3 tablespoons parm cheese1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon parsley
¼ teaspoon salt

Preheat to 450º.

Remove stems from mushrooms. Combine garlic, bread crumbs, cheeses, butter, parsley and salt in bowl. Stuff mushrooms with mixture. Put on ungreased sheet. Bake 10 - 15 minutes.

much thanks. I think I've just added to my dinner tonight. All I need are the shrooms:-pand since PA just mentioned apple crisp, that'll join us as well:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Since I am in Santa Barbara I am going out to dinner with my friends. We are all in the mood for fish so that is what we will probably have.

Katie E said:
How about adding some brown sugar, garlic and ketchup?

thanks, Katie. I wuz thinkin' garlic fer shur and brown sugar...but ketchup?
I'll trust your judgement.

Brown 'em first and then simmer in the glug?

Well, I have already had supper, and then flew home! I feel so cosmopolitan! In fact, we were extrodinarily pressed for time but I just had to eat a little something in Roma, so we shared some bruchetta, some with black olive paste and some with artichokes and truffle oil. The truffle oil is a real turn araound for me, because I really hate truffles, but we had ordered it and I was not going to not try it, so I mentally held my nose. Now I have decided it really is just the smell I cannot stand, and I wish I could get past it, because (I'll whisper the next bit, because I don't like admitting being wrong when I have been so a****et about it in the past) once I resigned myslef to the smell, the taste was actually quite nice.

Than I was stumped, lemon veal, looked nice, but not VEAL, and i was explaining to DH, in English ofcourse, that while I fancied lemon, I did not fancy veal, whent he kind and unbenownst to me, English speaking waiter, said, not a problem, they make it for you with the chicken! Wohoo, that was great, and DH had oxtail and tomatoes....we got into our taxi still chewing practically and almost missed the plane!

Back
Top Bottom