Saturday dinner plans, 10-20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Fort Myers Florida, on Sanibel Island, in a rental car looking for an opportunity for my late lunch/early dinner meal of the day.
Don't know what it'll be but know salad of some kind and an iced T.
I say that because I know it's doable anywhere.
What are your plans for dinner?
Happy Saturday

Wok Box for us tonight. We were supposed to have it last night but my tummy said forget it, so tonight it is!

lefse, for good eatin on sanibel/captiva, check out the bubble room, index , and get the bubbly bread.

or the timbers restaurant and fish market. great fish dishes, and make sure to order the coconut cake for dessert.

i miss the lee island coast. :( i hope to be going back next summer, though.

tonight, here in the swamp, i'll be making some fresh salsa with tomatoes and peppers from my still producing garden :shock: (it's mid-october), and a version of arroz con pollo. instead of peas and red peppers, i'll be using zucchinis, shiitakes, and crimini mushrooms.

That looks like a great place to eat Bucky. Think I'll be making pizza tonight.

Still unseasonably warm, but I don't give a flip! We're having split pea soup with ham. I have a huge ham hock with lots of ham on it and, a couple of weeks ago, I bought a nice big package of sliced ham shanks that were nice and meaty. I plan to make a huge pot of soup so there'll be plenty of leftover. Gonna make some cornbread in my cast iron skillet to go with. Can't wait.

Just roasted two chickens, for different meals this week. Tonight will be chicken taco's, Goya rice & red beans, refried beans topped with cheddar cheese. Still have a lot of strawberry/cake dessert left. :clap:

Got a Rabbit stew bubbling away in the oven.

Never cooked rabbit before but decided to give it a go today.

It's sitting in a pot with some smoked bacon, holy trinity (celery, carrots, onion), red wine and chicken stock.

Roasting some pots to go with it.

Should be ready in about an hour from now!

My big kids are here for the weekend so we're having pork ribs (thanks Keltin), grilled steaks, rice pilaf, corn on the cob, Caprese salad (thanks Iron Chef) and fresh baked breadsticks. The house smells great already!

We're going to some friends' house for dinner to help celebrate his birthday. She's making chicken with artichokes, spinach sauteed with garlic and olive oil, and risotto with asparagus. Creme brulee for dessert.

I made chili today. I have a recipe that my brother taught me, but I thought I'd try something different. I followed a chili recipe off this site. I had to substitue a few things, but it came out very yummy.

ALCS baseball game tonight (Indians and some team from Boston), and it's a little bit cooler than it has been for 6 months ... so the night is screaming for chili dogs and a couple of brews - ok, maybe 2 chili dogs and 4 brewskies ... :LOL:

Hope they go extra innings ... so I can have seconds ....

looking like pizza and the red sox .. they are playing some team from
cleveland i think ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom