Saturday, dinner plans, April 21, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think Iam making grilled teriyaki marinated pork tenderloin, grilled asparagus, corn on the cob, salad and crusty bread.

Last edited:
We are having our gandson's 5th birthday party at our house tonight. He's mom and dad are bring all of the food except the french fries. My DH will be making those. Our daughter and son-in-law just got back from a Puerto Vallarta, Mexico vacation late last night. Can't wait to hear all about their trip. They were there for 10 days.

I plan on making marinated grilled skirt steak fajitas, homemade guacamole, homemade spanish rice and baking my birthday cake.

It's going to be Thanksgiving in April (this is April, right?) tomorrow because I still have that free Butterball turkey from last Thanksgiving that needs to be used, and I need my son to come to my house because I need his truck to pick up my new barbeque grill and patio set from Home Depot. They definitely won't fit in the Lincoln!

Because of this, I will be spending most of today preparing everything from cornbread for the stuffing, to the usual side dishes, to apple and/or pumpkin pie(s) for dessert, so I'll spend the day picking at everything and hungry for nothing.

Last edited:
Caine, isn't it fun to have a non-Thanksgiving turkey dinner? It always tastes like such a treat!:chef:

We are up to our eyeballs in mulch today. Our back yard has a very large slope that is too steep for anything but some mulch and landscaping on it. The previous home owners never put weed barrier under the mulch so for the last two years we've spent every weekend weeding the blasted thing. This year, no more! We put down weed barrier yesterday, we've had 30 cubic yards of mulch delivered, and we're spending the day spreading it. I've had Sofie duty so far but Mom's coming by this afternoon to play with her so I can lend DH a hand. All of that being said, I think we'll be getting some sort of take out this evening. I have a hunch we'll be awfully sore and tired!

Bourbon....Rock Hill Farms

Lots of Crispy Fried Catfiish...

Piping Hot, Light as a feather Hush Puppies

Cold Tangy Cole Slaw

Battered French fries...

Slices of cold Vidalia onion

Bourbon...Elmer T. lee

Fidelity supermarket points in one of the Italian supermarkets had to be used to day, and for some out of character reason I bought crisps (chips in American, lol) and some packets of biscuits...when we got home i dove into the crisps and feel a bit junk fooded out.....so we got some videos and DH is going to have the rest of the crisps tonight while we watch movies and I groan!

Ham, scalloped potatoes (cheesy!), killer coleslaw and perhaps a steamed veggie of some type.

lulu said:
Fidelity supermarket points in one of the Italian supermarkets had to be used to day, and for some out of character reason I bought crisps (chips in American, lol) and some packets of biscuits...when we got home i dove into the crisps and feel a bit junk fooded out.....so we got some videos and DH is going to have the rest of the crisps tonight while we watch movies and I groan!

Lol, I am the same way... I very rarely buy crisps, usually I don't even go near that section of the supermarket and as long as I maintain this habit, I don't even miss them. However if I DO grab a bag on a whim, boy I can't stop!! Hey at least you managed to stop in time to save some for Michael, which is good!!:ROFLMAO:

Probably we do some pasta with mushroom asparagus and sourcream sauce, and mozzarella sheet rolled up with smoked salmon and rocket. yum!

jake fixed me macaroni & cheese, so that's today's meal. sleep tight; i'm ready to snuggle beneath my covers & zonk.

Last edited:
urmaniac13 said:
Lol, I am the same way... I very rarely buy crisps, usually I don't even go near that section of the supermarket and as long as I maintain this habit, I don't even miss them. However if I DO grab a bag on a whim, boy I can't stop!! Hey at least you managed to stop in time to save some for Michael, which is good!!:ROFLMAO:

Probably we do some pasta with mushroom asparagus and sourcream sauce, and mozzarella sheet rolled up with smoked salmon and rocket. yum!

Your supper sounds good! Yep, there are whole aisle of the supermarket I don't really know.....if I don't go down them I don't feel deprived! I've I wander down them (like checking what we can get for free) then I get eyes bigger than my stomach, and boy do I know it tonight.....oh boy, I did like those crisps though.....NO!

Have you ever seen the infamous, and "maledettamente" correct jingle of Lay's potato chips (American counterpart of Walkers crisps)?

No one can eat just one! :LOL:

Alix said:
Ham, scalloped potatoes (cheesy!), killer coleslaw and perhaps a steamed veggie of some type.

Alix, if I was not going out to dinner with the family tonight I would come to your house. You have just described one of my favorite meals. Yum!!

My family and I are going to our annual spring event to support the local volunteer fire department - an Indian taco feed. I cannot wait. Indian tacos are a favorite of mine.

Orange Ruffy Parmesan, Jasmin Rice, Broccoli... dessert... bananas baked with hershey chocolate bars & mini marshmallows and topped with homemade coffee ice cream.

urmaniac13 said:
Have you ever seen the infamous, and "maledettamente" correct jingle of Lay's potato chips (American counterpart of Walkers crisps)?

No one can eat just one! :LOL:

Uhuh....no, I haven't. But I'm glad. The dark side of potato **** is behind me for a while!:ROFLMAO:

We enjoyed our first outdoor charcoal grill dinner of the season last night.

Had turkey burgers on big crusty rolls with all the trimmings (blue cheese, "hot-&-spicy" ketchup, dill relish, thinly-sliced raw Vidalia onion, etc., etc.). Served them with a simple side of husband's favorite canned "vegetarian" baked beans.

Back
Top Bottom