Saturday eats, 1-5-19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool beans, er, peas. :chef:

My wife does a weird, carbo overload thing with pea soup that her mom used to do. She'd parboil peeled, large cubed russet potatoes, then pour the ham and pea soup over the potatoes in a large bowl for serving.

You'd think it'd be too much, starch on starch, but it's really good. They actually work together.
And it was a way years ago to feed many people on a single pot of pea soup.

Gf and I did our usual song and dance and talked about going out tonight. But, then we factor our getting home time plus the getting ready and the drive to a decent place and decide it iwill be too late to enjoy ourselves. So, we, too are heading to the freezer to thaw some shrimp and what ever goodies are in there and having a seafood pasta. As of now, anyway. We may talk ourselves out if that, too by the time we get home.

We are getting old. :LOL:

My nephew is in town, and I offered to buy him and his GF dinner. For them, going out for dinner tonight could be any time before midnight. That train has left the station for me. :ermm:

It's okay with me from a financial position, as feeding him is like feeding me at age 19, when I could eat my weight in food and not gain a pound. :LOL:

So, I did not plan to cook tonight. I am going to graze, instead. I have leftover pork and sauerkraut, and lots of breads. I think I'll make it through the night.

CD

I haven't posted any photos. :glare:

informenter-marker-1.png
Why are you glaring at me?

This is what I see. It looks like a broken link. Thought you might want to know. Maybe it's a signature?

Anyway. Just trying to help.
2019-01-05-21-20-28.jpg

Why are you glaring at me?

This is what I see. It looks like a broken link. Thought you might want to know. Maybe it's a signature?

Anyway. Just trying to help.
View attachment 32909

I didn't know I was glaring, I thought that was a confused look.

I don't have a signature line & I haven't posted any photos. I don't see what you see.

I guess I'll just read and not post anymore. I'm glad you told me, it's like having bad breath or BO and finding out later. Sorry to cause any issues. Maybe a moderator will see & help?

informenter-marker-1.png

Was hungry for something from an old-old diner "where grease is peace", located on the edge of downtown. Didn't feel like actually going there, so I made my own breakfast for dinner: Ze French toast buddy. Sausage patty, scrambled eggs, cheese, sandwiched between 2 slices French toast. I used real maple syrup.

I know that feeling. When I am on the road in the South, and stay at a hotel near a Waffle House, I just have to have breakfast there. Real maple syrup is the only way I can think of to make it any better.

CD

I'll be doing some beer brats on top of skillet cabbage with apples and onion.

That sounds good to us on a very chilly wet night.

Sounds similar to my pork and sauerkraut from a few days ago. Pork, apples and cabbage do play well together. ;)

CD

I don't have a signature line & I haven't posted any photos. I don't see what you see.

I guess I'll just read and not post anymore. I'm glad you told me, it's like having bad breath or BO and finding out later. Sorry to cause any issues. Maybe a moderator will see & help?

informenter-marker-1.png

No, silly. A confused look is when you try to pass off passive aggressiveness as confusion due to an illness.

You don't have to stop posting, but you should use the report icon or private message an administrator if you have stuff showing up that you didn't post.

I don't see what GG and Andy have reported.

informenter-marker-1.png

You weren't being rude. GG just took it that way. She does that. :glare: (that was glaring).

All of your posts have a broken link at the end. I don't know why. Perhaps an unintentional signature that isn't working? I honestly don't know. It just shows up to me as a question mark in a blue box, and it is on all of your posts.

Please don't stop posting. I'm sure this can be figured out and fixed.

CD

Last edited:
I still see no extra line showing a link.

On both Windows and Android devices.

I must be special.

I still see no extra line showing a link.

On both Windows and Android devices.

I must be special.

This is what I get. Again, I have no idea why. Perhaps an Admin can figure it out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 9.00.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 9.00.06 PM.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 91
So, you're one of THEM, ain't ya?

I's knew it!
Figures, with that pork roll and that real time awd stuff.

Well, you are special Bucky, but in this case I must be too.

I'm not seeing anything unusual on any posts from you iamvics. I hate to think you're confused too but you're in good company. At any rate, please don't stop posting!!

Mme K-L, You are like the wisp of and angel riding between the wings on a butterfly's back.

I am more back towards its' ass.

You know; engineering and all...

No, silly. A confused look is when you try to pass off passive aggressiveness as confusion due to an illness.

You don't have to stop posting, but you should use the report icon or private message an administrator if you have stuff showing up that you didn't post.

I don't see what GG and Andy have reported.

I didn't know things were showing that I didn't post, I don't know what to "report" I guess I'll wait & see what happens.

I removed my profile photo and I don't have any others.

Thanks, Vic

informenter-marker-1.png

Yo, vic, what da f? Just chill, bro.

We good.

(Just thought you might speak Jersey or <gag> Philly ltalian...)

Okay, FYI - it's "sis" Hey, I was born an east coast girl (CT) but lived on the west coast for years.

I am Victoria

informenter-marker-1.png

Love the name, it also just happens to be my youngest daughter's name! She's now 32. :wub: I hope you stick around, Victoria. Welcome from another left-coaster. :)

Okay, FYI - it's "sis" Hey, I was born an east coast girl (CT) but lived on the west coast for years.

I am Victoria

informenter-marker-1.png

You go girl! I'm bettin' that you also know it is Pork Roll, and not Taylor Ham (if you don't, just say you do).

There really is a mystery "thing" at the end of your posts, for most of us. Don't know why. Not your fault. It's just there. I think we need to bring in Bond... James Bond. :cool:

CD

It's a “moz-extension”, whatever the heck that is. I see a tiny empty square, no “?”in it. I don't think it's poisonous, and it's certainly nothing your fault, imvic! Please continue to post away!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom