Saturday July 16 - Dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish any of you were here to cook for us. After being out and working in the yard all day I was just too tired to cook. I had a veggie wrap and SO had a cucumber sandwich and sliced tomatoes.

I'll make you a deal, you come work in MY yard and I'll cook you WHATEVER YOU WANT. My yard is completely impenetrable at the moment because of the mozzies. They are The worst in 20 years!

Retro Dinner: Hamburger Pattie (cut in bites, dipped in ketchup) and Pork and Beans cold out of the can.

We had our dinner already. Made the Tortillas, the beef strips were tender and delicious. I made an Indian curry marinade and it softened the meat beautifully. Just ended up serving it with sour cream, crisp lettuce and very ripe tomatoes from the garden.
Were not big dessert eaters so no puds once again :)
Can I eat the dessert you don't eat?:LOL:

I'll make you a deal, you come work in MY yard and I'll cook you WHATEVER YOU WANT. My yard is completely impenetrable at the moment because of the mozzies. They are The worst in 20 years!

What are mozzies? Oh, mosquitoes?

It was too hot in the house to cook much. Cold slice of ham, cucumber slices and a grilled swiss cheese sandwich. For dessert I had lime sherbert with mini vanilla wafers mixed in.

I made myself a pepperoni/cheddar quesadilla kind of thing with ranch dressing on the side. Mark had a BLT with chips, cottage cheese and a pickle. Ice water to drink for the both of us.

We had a shared piece of salmon with mango salsa, that turned out so good. Plus bowls of lentil soup and foccacia with sliced green onion and jello for dessert. I made a drizzle for the salmon out of brown sugar, lemon zest and juice,soy sauce and melted butter it turned out yummy and I finally convinced DH saalmon was pretty good. Think it was the drizzle?:LOL:
kadesma

Let's see...
Deet
long sleeve shirt
long pants
long socks
tall boots
full-body iron suit

Okay all set.. where to I start?

Attachments

• bodyarmor.jpg
    bodyarmor.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 202

I'll come..lol! Tired of being a housewife for 3 ungrateful people that can't even say thank you for dinner or find the darn wash basket or dustbin! I'll even cook some days..lol!

I'll come..lol! Tired of being a housewife for 3 ungrateful people that can't even say thank you for dinner or find the darn wash basket or dustbin! I'll even cook some days..lol!

You'd be welcome anytime! Just remember that you will be lumpy and short a pint or two of blood by the end of any day outside!

Just remember that you will be lumpy and short a pint or two of blood by the end of any day outside!
Oh, man. Just played at a dance in cottage country last night. It had to be the worst night ever for mosquitos in my entire life. It is hell when you are sitting in one place and can't move for an hour at a time. They even bit my nose...

Oh, man. Just played at a dance in cottage country last night. It had to be the worst night ever for mosquitos in my entire life. It is hell when you are sitting in one place and can't move for an hour at a time. They even bit my nose...

Are they worse than usual in Ont too? This is the worst I can remember seeing them. I just tried a tip a guy told me about in line at Home Depot and it seems to work! You put green Listerine in a spray bottle and spray your grass or the areas where the mosquitos congregate and it seems to drive them off. It works a little bit anyway. I did around my front door so I can get into the house without getting chomped and its better. I'm still contemplating doing the lawn...thats a lot of area to spray and I know I'll get munched before its done. Might be worth it though.

Hey...this is a dinner thread...I guess I was dinner!

Are they worse than usual in Ont too? This is the worst I can remember seeing them. I just tried a tip a guy told me about in line at Home Depot and it seems to work! You put green Listerine in a spray bottle and spray your grass or the areas where the mosquitos congregate and it seems to drive them off. It works a little bit anyway. I did around my front door so I can get into the house without getting chomped and its better. I'm still contemplating doing the lawn...thats a lot of area to spray and I know I'll get munched before its done. Might be worth it though.

Hey...this is a dinner thread...I guess I was dinner!
I am going to spray that stuff all over myself next weekend. We play outside again. May kill the B.O. too.:LOL:

Not on YOU! Its sticky! Spray it around where you will be playing though. That should help a bit.

You'd be welcome anytime! Just remember that you will be lumpy and short a pint or two of blood by the end of any day outside!

Bring it on!!! I cook (pretty well too), clean and I do the garden! All I require is the occasional "thanks that was nice" Think you can handle that..lol!
P.S I'm used to sweating, I live in Africa :p

It's been written... so it must be true :rolleyes: ... that dryer sheets will keep the skeeters away. A couple hanging from your pockets I guess. I never tried it myself, but that's what "they" say :)

Bring it on!!! I cook (pretty well too), clean and I do the garden! All I require is the occasional "thanks that was nice" Think you can handle that..lol!
P.S I'm used to sweating, I live in Africa :p

Its not sweating, its mosquitoes. I mean swarms of mosquitoes. Like can't walk 10 feet from car to front door without being eaten alive.

It's been written... so it must be true :rolleyes: ... that dryer sheets will keep the skeeters away. A couple hanging from your pockets I guess. I never tried it myself, but that's what "they" say :)

I'd need to cover myself with them. I'll give it a go though. Can't hurt to try it! The DEET just barely keeps me sane long enough to go from door to door.

I'm told they keep mice from building nests in snowblowers and such, too, Alix.
I just never hear of anyone actually trying them, lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom