Saturday July 16 - Dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rocklobster said:
Oh, man. Just played at a dance in cottage country last night. It had to be the worst night ever for mosquitos in my entire life. It is hell when you are sitting in one place and can't move for an hour at a time. They even bit my nose...

We got some of those little battery operated Off clip-on fans. If you are pretty much in one spot, it might work for you. You can clip it to your belt or put it on a surface next to you. Haven't tried them yet, but they should work.

I've got the last large chicken breast half (bone in, skin on) thawing. I've got a few tender sprigs of rosemary to mince and put under the skin before roasting.

I'll make a warm chicken sandwich on 12 grain bread, after eating the crispy skin.:pig:

Its not sweating, its mosquitoes. I mean swarms of mosquitoes. Like can't walk 10 feet from car to front door without being eaten alive.

Lol! I meant by being out in the sun all day! And try the listerine thing, it really works! Or Peaceful Sleep Spray not the Stick roll on :)

Speaking of rosemary (which I have a ton of...I love it--in the winter it flowers in my house), if you grow rosemary, you should trim it often throughout the summer to encourage it to get "bushy." Otherwise, it is spindly. The same is true for French Tarragon.

Speaking of rosemary (which I have a ton of...I love it--in the winter it flowers in my house), if you grow rosemary, you should trim it often throughout the summer to encourage it to get "bushy." Otherwise, it is spindly. The same is true for French Tarragon.

Trimming the flowering heads of Sweet Basil prolongs the growing season too.
Another tip is to infuse 1 cup of rosemary sprigs in 1 liter of boiling water, allow to cool, strain and keep this in the fridge. Add a cup full to last hair rinse after washing to prevent hair loss and add body and shine.

Its not sweating, its mosquitoes. I mean swarms of mosquitoes. Like can't walk 10 feet from car to front door without being eaten alive.

That's how it is here most years. We have a lot of marsh land and other water sources in the area. I was out at a friends house a few weekends ago and I swear they were trying to carry us away. Fortunately it was still cool enough that I could wear jeans, sneakers and a hoodie with the hood up. I still had to have the hubby spray me all over (I returned the favor) with bug spray paying special attention to my face and hands. I still ended up with a few bites on my legs and arms and a bunch on my face and hands. Stupid little critters even got my eyelids. They're voracious little buggers.

Snip 13 said:
I'll come..lol! Tired of being a housewife for 3 ungrateful people that can't even say thank you for dinner or find the darn wash basket or dustbin! I'll even cook some days..lol!

I know how you feel. I have a 6 year old (step child of course) that is ungrateful about EVERYTHING! if she's not doing something she wants to do then all you hear is complaining. The days are stressful and supper time gets even more stressful. Especially for me cause I'm emotional... She always so ungrateful never says thank unless you make her. Got to the point where she can eat if she wants if not then she can go to bed hungry! I'm not the type that makes 2 meals because someone don't like it. That's the way I was brought up!

I know how you feel. I have a 6 year old (step child of course) that is ungrateful about EVERYTHING! if she's not doing something she wants to do then all you hear is complaining. The days are stressful and supper time gets even more stressful. Especially for me cause I'm emotional... She always so ungrateful never says thank unless you make her. Got to the point where she can eat if she wants if not then she can go to bed hungry! I'm not the type that makes 2 meals because someone don't like it. That's the way I was brought up!

It does make it more worth while doing things for people who appreciate it and my kids are still not that bad..lol! It's the grown man that makes me want to have myself committed!

Snip 13 said:
It does make it more worth while doing things for people who appreciate it and my kids are still not that bad..lol! It's the grown man that makes me want to have myself committed!

Hubby appreciates everything he loves my cooking and normally helps with the dishes. Least I have one person that's thankful for something!

Hubby appreciates everything he loves my cooking and normally helps with the dishes. Least I have one person that's thankful for something!

Well there you go, it's not that bad then :) All kids are difficult at some stage of their lives, they go through phases. Your step daughter is more than likely just testing the waters, she'll get over it once she know your not going anywhere. It's hard for children to accept a step parent. My daughter had a really hard time accepting my second husband too, especially since we have a son together and she felt excluded. It takes time but it will happen. My husband on the other hand asked me to stop working and stay at home with the kids. I've been doing it for a year now and it's the biggest mistake I've ever made. I have to do everything, he didn't even lift a finger when I had a bad fall and was walking with crutches for over a month. Wouldn't even put his dishes in the kitchen or rinse out a cup!
But I've made my bed so I must either lay in it or find someone else to share it with..lol!

Back
Top Bottom