Saturday June 11 - Dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, an impromptu visit and shopping trip meant that we had burgers for dinner and that was it. I guess tomorrow will be something more labor intensive. C'est la vie.

Mark is out of town, and if he is hungry, I'll make him a hotdog. I took out some baby shrimp from the freezer. I'll do something with that, if I have the patience to peel them. I just got done doing some cleaning and I'm pooped.

A pancake and an egg.

247048_1742541092216_1499378782_1422937_6285932_n.jpg
looks good, lifesaver. I often have breakfast for dinner.

Loaded mac&cheese. A pictorial ;^)

The loaded part, which included garlic and a chipotle pepper in adobo
mac&cheese1.jpg

The cheese
mac&cheese2.jpg

The macaroni
mac&cheese3.jpg

Loaded macaroni and cheese :)

Here is my first attempt at beef fajitas:

Flank steak (was redder than it looks in picture)
Fried green and red peppers and onions
Pico de gallo (salsa)
Guacamole
Shredded cheddar
Lettuce
Sour cream
Lime wedges (not pictured)
Corn tortillas

img_1010950_0_c2ebbdc9966c0cee096bec628ff4bef2.jpg

img_1010950_1_13e373adc2c6e3f97ea3147a1c50cb7f.jpg

Yes how did you make your loaded macaroni and cheese?

OK :)

Let's see... I sautéed some sliced smoked kielbasa and onion in a little EVOO (non-stick pan). Then when they got some color I added some frozen stir-fry veggies, because that's what I had, some chopped garlic and a chopped chipotle pepper. Turned the heat down, put the lid on and let the veggies thaw and warm up.
When the ingredients were all cooked, I added some cheddar cheese, Monterrey jack and some mozzarella (because I wanted cheese strings on my fork ;)) and a little milk & butter. The heat was as low as it could go here. I kept folding and stirring until the cheese was melted. Then I folded in the cooked pasta.

That's pretty much it. I didn't measure anything, but if I had to guess, I'd say I used 8 oz of cheese to 1/2c of milk and 2 TBS butter.

Back
Top Bottom