Saturday - June 7th. What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having blackened mahi sandwiches with arugula, tomato & onion, warm brussel sprout salad (brussel sprout leaves, carmelized onions, bacon & grapes) & sweet corn with chili cilantro butter. Double chocolate cookies with milk for dessert.

Okay, so our 6 for dinner became two then three so I ended up making a warm asparagus salad and spagetti with steak. It turned out really well.

It's so hot today (it's still 88 degrees), I wanted a heat-free dinner, so I made a shrimp and artichoke pasta salad, and served it over what is probably the last of the garden's lettuce, and bruschetta with pesto, chopped tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.

It's nearly 2pm here in aus on the 8th June and I am planning on cooking 6 chicken legs oven fried with a panko bread crumb coating.

First time I have tried it.

Will do, I have to find it first though, if I can't get it at our local supermarket I will have to try a japanese grocer or something. Any aussies know if coles or woolworths stock panko?

I know I'm really, really late on this, or really early lol. We went out to dinner last night to celebrate our youngest son graduating high school. We took him and his girlfriend. I had the mussels in a white wine pesto sauce, spinach salad w/feta cheese and dried cherries with a warm dressing and a filet w/green peppercorn sauce and asparagus. It was delicious. Everyone's meal was excellent. We hadn't been to this restaurant in so long and can't figure out why........it was just soo good!

Barb

It must be a Mum cooking night. I am on my own as DH has gone fishing for the long weekend, so Mum made me a homemade meat pie which I am having with garlic roasted potatoes with chilli sour cream and peas and corn. Real winter food.

Vera, I want what you are having!

Knight, apparently Coles stocks Panko in the Asian section in a yellow plastic bag.

Cath

Knight, apparently Coles stocks Panko in the Asian section in a yellow plastic bag.Cath

Ah ok, didn't find them :( at woolies and the local coles down the road didnt have them but it is only a small coles so that isnt a surprise.

I ended up crumbing them in 3/4 regular bread crumbs and 1/4 corn flakes with dijon mustard in the egg batter mix.

Not sure how it will go but time will tell, the oven is pre heating now.

I will say though, it is not much fun pulling the skin of chicken legs is it? My fingers are still sore. I couldn't get skinless from the shopping centre I was at.

Edit: Got a good review from the wife, for me I wasnt as keen for some reason. It was ok dont get me wrong, but not quite there. Might leave skin on next time and try it with Panko crumbs.

Last edited:
Knight, apparently Coles stocks Panko in the Asian section in a yellow plastic bag.
Cath

I got quite a chuckle out of this one because in Canada "Coles" is a book store and I was wondering for a minute why they would have Japanese bread crumbs. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You might find them in public markets or if you have an Asian store near you. Also most gourmet food stores would have them as well.

I ended up with some pork loin chops with garlic and fresh rosemary paired with baked butternut squash.

Well, I had grand plans to cook either lasagne or seared and oven roasted ribeyes.

But, on the way back from coles, my car threw the drive belt which runs all the essentials for the motor, things like water pump, air con, power steering etc. So I spent most of my day fixing this.

Then, my little pulsar N13 that I drive to the station has been having an auto electrical issue and I spent the rest of the day fixing that. So I was pretty buggered by the end of it, we got take away.

Do you have a young BIL or is he the teacher?

Sorry I musta posted and ran out the door!

My BIL is 18 and graduating. My MIL had her fist 3 kids when she was very young (19), then the 2nd batch much later with a new marriage, the first of those 2 she was 35 I think.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom