Saturday March 7, What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner

Hi all, tonight I'm making a Mexican pork stew
(guiso de puerco )and Spanish rice.

Marty....

They are available in November...but for me are cost prohibitive...February, March, and April I think are the peak months for the pond raised...Prices decline, size improves etc. Then afterwards the Basin catch starts up....I've heard the season got off to a slow start so it will be (for me) mid March or later before I even look at prices...Vendors who venture in to my area are always very high....The only option is to drive. I've also heard the crop may not be as good as last year, so that will keep prices up...We'll see how it washes out....
Thanks for the information, Uncle Bob. Whenever I am in the deep south around crayfish season, I am afraid I make a pig of myself eating mud bugs by the pound every day. :pig: I really love them, especially Nawlins' style, boiled in a very spicy hot brine.

We just came home from the hospital after my husband had heart surgery, and somewhere along the line he lost all his tastebuds...literally, there is nothing there...hus tongue is smooth...anyway, been striving for something mild on his body but yummy and comforting...going to baked chicken breasts in lime and pepper, a creamy bacon pea pasta salad, and green bean marinated in vinegar and garlic...lots of bold flavors...he has to be able to taste on of them right?

One of the rare occasions my husband is making the entire dinner. We're having lemon/white wine roast chicken with lots of spices, baked potatoes, and steamed green beans.

Great, traditional dinner, Merstar. What about home-made sourdough bread?

Good idea, but like I said, my husband's making the whole dinner - he won't go near anything that needs to be baked, ie, rolls, bread, cakes, cookies, etc! I think if he did, the oven would explode!

This was our dinner... spaghetti with just plain sauce and buttered, french bread.
img_800462_0_daf1bce1abe5c4c6b02145cf45db3fd8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom