Saturday, May 31, dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I'll be in Vegas with kids or no kids, grand baby's or no grandbaby's, husband or not, but that's where I'll be. DH says he may drive up and bet a dollar I'll be making dinner at one of the kids' house.

What's on your menu tonight?

Wow! And I though I was an early riser and DC'er. ;)

I have another FULL day of yard work ahead of me today so I'm thinking something quick & easy, maybe pizza or even just hotdogs and beans.

Need to decide either way by 8 AM so I can get it out of the freezer to defrost.

A tuna mayo sandwich with red onions and lettuce for lunch. and vanilla yoghurt with chocolate flakes.

not sure about dinner yet. theres plenty of veg at home and chicken and pastry.. obvious thing to me says chicken pie.. but if any better ideas let me know please. i just had shopbought chicken pie yesterday!

work.

work work work work freakin work!

to paraphrase: no beer and all tv makes bucky go something something...

so, no dinner until i get home. i'm thinking souvlaki.

I made a huge pot of veggie soup yesterday. Going to have some more for dinner tonight and then freeze the rest for during the week.

I got 2 turkey wings yesterday for $1.00!!! So, I cut them in half and they are marinating in lemongrass, garlic, ginger, soya, a bit of hoisin. I'll grill them along with some sweet potatoes. What a bargain!

Lefse, have a great time in Vegas. Bucky, don't work too hard.

Going out to dinner to a fondue restaurant. :clap: I have never been to a restaurant that serves fondue. My friends and I are really looking forward to this evening. One of my friends told me that the dark chocolate fondue is absolutely chocolate heaven.

It's a perfectly dark and dreary day...listening to the rain. It sounds wonderful.

First course is fresh apricots stuffed with goat cheese, a chunk of comb honey and walnuts, served on arugula from the garden. I'll probably make a balsamic glaze from the orange balsamic vinegar.

Dinner is chicken and soft shell crabs, picatta style, served with gnocchi and oven roasted carrots.

Dessert is a chocolate cake roll with raspberries and cream cheese mousse. That is crying out for port.

I believe the cocktail of the evening is Sazeracs. I'm unsure what the wine is, Lou hasn't picked a bottle yet.

....oooo, thunder!......

i have an 8 lb pork shoulder in the smoker ..
will make some cole slaw and hush puppies to go
with it ...

I'm grilling rack of lamb, also going to try a new recipe for a potato/carmelized onions with goat cheese casserole and a salad. I feel like something chocolatey for dessert but I'm too lazy to make anything for dessert.

loooooong day at work.
I'm drinkin' my dinner, kids are having ham n cheese sammies, DH leftover chicken salad.

Nothing special , opened a can of white breast chicken, put in skillet, open can of cream of chicken soup, put in skillet, put cooked cauliflower in and heat it all up, stiring it. I was going to make noodles with it but changed my mind.

I'm thinkin' I want to go live Vera's glamorous life, but instead I'm here in Mexico and we're going to eat home made vanilla ice cream with fresh pineapple for dinner. We talked it over - I offered enchiladas con pierna (leg of pork) but hubby said "Can we have ice cream for dinner?" You got it, baby!

Back
Top Bottom