Saturday night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
Hi i am cooking trout with filled with mushrooms , bacon and parsely served with asapargus and garlic mash

Damm post , sorry , i am trying to have a theme to my cooking from now on where i cook twice a week , next week will be morrocan , following week malaysian , then portugese etc.

My daughter does that. She'll call me up and tell me "I'm going to Sicily tonight" or "I'm going to Ireland tonight" or she's even told me "I'm going to Philly tonight". That's pretty cool and a great way to try new things!

No, she's not on DC. I remember when she "went to Philly" it was Philly Cheesesteaks, cole slaw and funnel cakes for dessert (the later 2 are actually Pennsylvania Dutch). When she went to Ireland it was Colcannon. Thailand was Pad Thai. Poland was kotlet schabowy ( a breaded pork chop), cucumbers in sour cream and chrusciki (angel wings) for dessert. That's all I can think of right now but she would just research the food from different places, look up the recipes on the internet and once a week they would "go places". I thought it was a really neat idea.

I don't know. It is pay week ( I splerge and don't cook), so I will have what ever we order in at work. This is a time I might get a good greasy burger that I would not normally have. :lickingmylips:

being forced to go to a Mariners game... and then out to dinner somewhere. Dinner will be good since son and futur DIL are joining us.

I'm making chicken paprikash w/homemade spaetzel, buttered garden carrots and salad. Spice cake w/cream cheese frosting. I'm having dd and sil over for their birthday dinner.

Barb

Tonight is take-out for dinner and Dr. Who. I'm having a broiled seafood dinner and SO is opting for Sweet and Sour chicken.

I made shrimp ceviche, fish Vera Cruz (some kind of white fish from the freezer - forgot to label it, so not sure what it was), rice and green salad. Butter pecan ice cream for dessert.

MIL and Grand MIL Are leaving for Florida for a month so invited them over for spaghetti and meatballs, using homemade sauce, and italian bread. Also made cookies. pumpkin and cake mix. I didn't care for them, but grandMIL loved them so I sent her home with a baggy full for the plane ride.

mikki, good to see you.
about the cookies, were they from a cake mix?
if so, they didn't turn out too good?
I am not that fond of them myself, I mean, they're ok but I'd rather do them regular I think.

lefs-It's good to be able to be on. Over the summer between my new job and oldest DD being home and online I couldn't get on much. yeah, I saw the recipe here somewhere. You use a cna of pumpkin and a box of cake mix. I used Chocolate cake. I just didn't like the 2 flavours mixed I think. I think I'll try it with spice cake next time. Everyone else liked them. Even my DD who is a picky eater.

yep, some flavors don't compliment chocolate.
pumpkin would be one.:ohmy:
spice sounds perfect to me.
I wondered how your job was going.
what did you end up doing for a job?
I remember the discussion long ago about you applying etc.

I made prawn and kumara cakes mixed in with potato and spring onions, paprika, tarragon, chives and parsley. The kumara was not in the right ratio though and over powered the other flavours. Live and learn!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom