Saturday night delights for dinner 4/29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
being our last night here in Vegas, I don't know but think it'll be a roast beef of some sort in the crock. that way, if I can get out of meeting up with someone today and actually join my family on our boat, dinner will be ready by the time we arrive here tonight.

so what are you making/eating/having?

Brats, I think. HH had to get up early this morning and go watch a concrete pour at his jobsite, so his time of arriving home is uncertain. Brats can be done within a much more flexible cooking time than the cross rib roast I first took out to thaw.

Went and checked our Beef forum on a good way to do the roast, and after reading about Michelmarie's experience and Goodweed and ironchef's advice, I am going to wait and do that puppy for tomorrow's dinner instead.

Dinner is scratched. We went out for a late lunch of halibut & chips. It's our fave place to go for it. They bread the halibut in panko and the fries are potatoes that are cut into wedges with the skin on. I'm going to a show tonight! All alone...

enjoy your show, cora! you quite deserve a night to yourself!:)
i'm very queasy, i'll have to see with dinner. if i can get at least some fruit & pudding in.:ermm:

Burgers on the grill w/sliced sweet onion, lettuce, cheese
Baked beans
Roasted red bell peppers

wine

we have been busy all day so anything busy for dinner was out:LOL: This took a little time, but was worth it..I filled pita's with thin sliced cooked hot links,lean ground pork, eggplant cherry tomatoes, onion, green onion, red bells, mozzarella,garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, chili paste, cilantro and red lettuce...tasted pretty darn good:LOL: ice tea with mango and a slice of pear bread..were done:LOL:

kadesma

It was my stepson's 18th birtday. We had fajitas on the pit and sausage.
I made homemade flour tortillas, Fideo, and refried beans. We also had the traditional Picco de gallo and cheese. sliced avacados. Chocolate cake with choc. icing with a dip of Blue Bell vanilla bean ice cream. Extra sets tonight..

we had guests including a French lady who cooks well, so I planned a real bistro meal

we began with 3 cheeses, a french soft, a spanish hard and an amercian blue with water crackers and sliced baguette rubbed with garlic. we also had olives (greek and french) and mussles steamed in wine and shallots w/ bacon, and wonderful spring radishes with butter and sea salt.

the salad was a mix of frisee chicory radichio and endive with a hot mustard bacon vinaigrette

the main was a grilled smoked whole chicken (cajun rub, garlic infused, mesquite smoked) juicey and tender with roasted asparagus with herbs de provence, and potato salad with a sour cream mayo fresh herb dressing

white wine with the cheese and fish, pinot noir red with the chicken. desert was berries and cream french roast coffee.

guests raved and had seconds etc.

I am happy cause it all worked and everyone was happy and satisfied. that is what it is all about.

Last night was Chinese takeout night here.

I started with Hot & Sour Soup, which our little shopping center takeout place makes VERY hot & VERY sour - just the way I like it. I followed that with another searingly spicy favorite dish - "Singapore Chow Fun" - which, instead of the usual flat chow fun noodles, is technically Angel Hair pasta combined with bits of vegetables, chicken, roast pork, & shrimp flavored with blazing-hot tumeric curry.

Husband had wanted "Bean Curd Szechuan-Style", but they were "out of bean curd"??!!??? First time I've ever had a Chinese restaurant say that!! So, he just had a Chinese mixed vegetable dish.

Quizzie said:
It was my stepson's 18th birtday. We had fajitas on the pit and sausage.
I made homemade flour tortillas, Fideo, and refried beans. We also had the traditional Picco de gallo and cheese. sliced avacados. Chocolate cake with choc. icing with a dip of Blue Bell vanilla bean ice cream. Extra sets tonight..

Quizzie - I've forgotten...what is fideo??
TIA

callie said:
Quizzie - I've forgotten...what is fideo??
TIA
It's a small thin pasta..I like to mix it with rice, brown the two and then add sauteed onion and garlic and chicken broth, cover and cook..Great with grilled meat or enchiladas...
kadesma:)

thanks, kadesma! i know i've had it before at a mexican restaurant - but it's been a long time...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom