Saturday Night Dinner. May 26th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
It may be National Blueberry Cheesecake Day AND National Cherry Dessert Day, but we're not having wither of those.

Tonight's meal will be shrimp pad thai.

What delectables are you contemplating?

I was in East McKinney yesterday, and shopped at the Mexican market there. I have some fajita (skirt steak) marinating now to toss on the grill later. I also have some fresh corn tortillas, some Pico de gallo, and queso fresco to make some fajita tacos.

CD

I made stuffed shells today to add to my FIL's freezer meals. I asked DH and FIL whether they wanted grilled burgers and corn on the cob again or stuffed shells for dinner tonight. Burgers and corn won.

Mom took me out to lunch for tacos, beans and rice after we got done at the cemetery this morning. I doubt I will be hungry again.

Shrimp creole, cuban style, with rice, with cuban bread.

Attachments

• 2018-05-26 17.30.48.jpg
    2018-05-26 17.30.48.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 119
...Burgers and corn won.
Fresh corn season is so fleeting you NEED to eat it while you can! I know the season has been extended with much-improved shippable corn varieties, but we like to eat it whenever we can.

Having said that, I'm getting ready to make a sort of Breakfast for Supper. I kept some ham back from the collard greens meal the other day. To that we'll be having mushroom and spinach omelets with a side of - no, not potatoes - corn-and-tomato salad. :yum:

I haven't cooked my fajitas, yet. I am snacking on chicharrones made two days ago at El Rancho Supermercado. I don't like your basic fried pork skins made whenever and wherever, but these fresh chicharrones made locally are good -- addictive, actually. Pork skin fried in manteca (lard). Very simple. Don't tell my doctor I ate them.

CD

Looks delish Med and CG! Great sounding dinners all around. :yum:

CG...when I buy a bunch (or bag) of spinach I use it in everything, but omelettes and scrambled eggs are my fave way to use it - other than salads. It looks so pretty in egg dishes. :yum:

This afternoon's dinner was artichoke filled ravioli, topped with pesto. Store bought for both - still kind of in a cooking rut. :ermm: I thought about making an Alfredo sauce for the ravioli, but I had pesto that needed to be used and it actually paired very well with the artichoke ravioli, and was delicious. Local strawberries from the farm stand down the street for dessert.

I had some thin sliced pork and an abundance of fresh veggies so I used a jar of TJ's Thai Green Curry simmer sauce and added cooked noodles to the one pan wonder.
Very tasty.

(Fresh corn season is so fleeting you NEED to eat it while you can! I know the season the I. AZhas been extended with much-improved shippable corn varieties, but we like to eat it whenever we can.

And these were nice and sweet :yum: You know that saying knee-high by the Fourth of July? The corn around here is just a couple inches high right now (driving past a cornfield on the way to breakfast). We'll have fresh local corn in Virginia long before they have it here. Still yummy eating burgers and corn while sitting on the deck overlooking the lake.

Back
Top Bottom