Saturday night dinner....November 21, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Leftover Chile Rellenos Casserole from yesterday for the second time today. I had a nice big square of it for breakfast this morning. I figured it has eggs in it, so that worked. :LOL:

Sliced avocado for a side, sprinkled with Penzey's Arizona Dreaming and lime juice.

Last edited:
I defrosted a meal of shredded beef sauce and had it over fettuccine.

SO is on her way home. I saved her some. A glass of wine will make her meal complete.

Mrs. Roadfix's birthday so daughter picked up some prime NY steaks from Costco this afternoon. I'll be grilling them tonite for about 10 people. Late dinner out in the patio as it's been pretty warm here today.

Last edited:
We just got home from our little Cheyenne's (GD) TWO year old Birthday party! Lots of good eats on this 80 degrees day. Grilled burgers & chicken, potato salad, beans, cole slaw. She was adorable as the tiny queen bee with all her little two yr old friends. Nice group with friends and family.

Wow, lots of loved ones birthday celebrations! Happy birthday to Mrs. Roadfix, Mr. GG, and Baby Cheyenne! :flowers::wub: :)

Last edited:
What Cheryl said! :flowers:

We had Fend...as in, fend for yourself. Himself finished off the ham, roasted carrots, sauerkraut, and some of the mashed potatoes. I had some of the beer-tomato-bacon beef and gravy over mashed potatoes. I can see the back wall of the refrigerator. :w00t: Slowly making room for Turkey Day stuff.

Leftover Chile Rellenos Casserole from yesterday for the second time today. I had a nice big square of it for breakfast this morning. I figured it has eggs in it, so that worked. :LOL:

Sliced avocado for a side, sprinkled with Penzey's Arizona Dreaming and lime juice.

Cheryl, Would you share the Chile Rellenos recipe (Please ):yum:
One of my favorite things.

Josie
http://www.discusscooking.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/http://www.discusscooking.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Yes!! Happy B day to Mrs. Roadfix, and Mr. GG from me too.

I'll be curious to see your version of Cilile Relleno casserole Cheryl. I have a recipe I love that I posted here years ago. If you have any left Cheryl, leftovers are really good wrapped in a flour tortilla for a breakfast burrito the next morning.

I've been so hungry for Mexican food, it just occurred to me that it's low carb!!

Guess what's on the menu very soon!!

Cheryl, Would you share the Chile Rellenos recipe (Please ):yum:
One of my favorite things.

Josie

Sure thing, Josie. :) One of my faves, too. I'm going to go ahead and link to Kayelle's recipe since it's already written up :D and it's almost exactly the same as the one I've used for 30 years. I cut the recipe in half, since it's usually just me here.

The only other thing I can add is to be sure to let the casserole sit for 10 minutes or so after it comes out of the oven, as it's much easier to cut into nice squares that way.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/goooood-chili-relleno-casserole-74641.html
------------------------------------
Kay....I hope you're able to have your Chile Relleno Casserole soon, since you discovered it's low carb! I've been craving it all summer and it's just been too dang hot. LOL

Last edited:
The only other thing I can add is to be sure to let the casserole sit for 10 minutes or so after it comes out of the oven, as it's much easier to cut into nice squares that way.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/goooood-chili-relleno-casserole-74641.html
------------------------------------
Kay....I hope you're able to have your Chile Relleno Casserole soon, since you discovered it's low carb! I've been craving it all summer and it's just been too dang hot. LOL

Good one Cheryl and KL. I have to keep my eye out for more vegetarian recipes to make these days too.

Good one Cheryl and KL. I have to keep my eye out for more vegetarian recipes to make these days too.

Whiska, I'm a real meat lover, but I've tried adding meat to this, and it just doesn't fit at all.

I feel the same about stuffed Italian cheese pasta shells..just a great well seasoned Mariana sauce is all that's needed for the perfect dish.

Whiska, I'm a real meat lover, but I've tried adding meat to this, and it just doesn't fit at all.

I feel the same about stuffed Italian cheese pasta shells..just a great well seasoned Mariana sauce is all that's needed for the perfect dish.

A Mexican-inspired restaurant near us used to have chile rellenos stuffed with shrimp and chicken on their menu. It was really good :yum:

I'm about to roast up a $13 lb. petite 1lb. sirloin roast. I know that sounds way pricey but I got it at the Buy-One-Get-One Free price, which makes it about a $7 one pound roast of high quality. There are easily two good servings out of it which makes it about $3.50 per serving. Not bad I think.

I'm about to roast up a $13 lb. petite 1lb. sirloin roast. I know that sounds way pricey but I got it at the Buy-One-Get-One Free price, which makes it about a $7 one pound roast of high quality. There are easily two good servings out of it which makes it about $3.50 per serving. Not bad I think.

Sorry, I meant this for Sunday night dinner discussion, not Saturday night.

Back
Top Bottom