Saturday night eats....10-4-14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fresh squirrel in a gravy with green beans cooked in black cast iron pot at hunting camp. View attachment 21982View attachment 21983

i've always wanted to try squirrel. i can do a mean squirrel call by squeezing air through my back teeth from my cheek. freaks them out and they come closer to take a look.

looks good rock and cheryl. and s&p too, but after reading the toppings, it ain't pizza imo. it's a delicious foccacia.

dw was under the weather again today, so i picked up sushi for the three of us.

it was miracle sushi.

Thanks, Steve. :)

Rock, I sure do remember those days....! :glare: :LOL:

Joey, I could go for a slice of that walleye pizza. :)

Cajun....my ex years ago was a hunter...we had many a squirrel stew. Pretty tasty if I remember right, back in the day. Good looking stew.

Lots of tasty sounding meals here tonight. :)

bucky....I hope ms. bucky feels better very soon. :)

Last edited:
andrew zimmern has eaten nutria. one of his shows explained that nutria was actually brought to the south to be trapped for their meat.

i think they mostly feed gators, though.

I threw a strip sirloin on the charcoal BBQ. The charcoal I bought last time is maple charcoal. It gave the steak a nice smoke, going to dig some pork chops out of the freezer and do those next time I fire up the BBQ. Sides were mashed potatoes (from the garden) and some frozen beans (also from the garden).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom