Saturday Night's all right for eating! 11-8-14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I made a new recipe. It's called meatball stroganoff but it's really not stroganoff. It's more like meatball sub casserole. It came out good. Spinach salads on the side.

I'll be having some of the free rotisserie chicken I got at Costco yesterday, that came with my new membership. :) Side will be a simple green salad with Marie's ranch.

I've nibbled on the rotisserie chicken already...those of you who say how good they are, you're right! They are much bigger than the ones I can get at Albertson's or Stater Bros., and much tastier. I'm officially hooked now. :yum:

A big fat sandwich of pumpernickel rye bread, pastrami & swiss with sauerkraut, horseradish mustard and mayo.

001.JPG

DH and I had a late lunch after shoe shopping
Cheesesteaks with fries a Dr.Pepper
We're still full!

We've been finishing up the salad bar and gyro leftovers from last night.

I made several trays of eggplant parmesan when the container plants were overachieving this summer. Put them in the freezer, so we had one for tonight's meal. Added some butted baby lima beans, bagutte, iced tea, and blueberry pie. We're satisfied.

Leftovers. A beef curry with leftover roast over basmati rice. We have been taste testing Trader Joe's simmer sauces, looking for easy meals DH can put together when I have to work late. We used the masala sauce, which was okay, but by the time I doctored it up it may have been just as easy to start from scratch, lol. Threw in some hot curry powder and vindaloo seasoning, onions, garlic, swiss chard and the last few little plum/cherry tomatoes pulled from the garden.

One pot meal tonight.

Chunks of browned Kielbasa sausage, shredded cabbage and onions fried in a little bacon fat, leftover marinated grilled veggies, and potato chunks all steamed with a little white wine and S n P for 20 minutes.

Now that's what I call quick comfort food.

Salads and flatbread pizza. I've cleaned out a lot of the random veggies and meats, but still might end up with more leftovers than days to use them up before we leave on vacation.

A couple of slices of left over roast pork shoulder with gravy and sautéed roasted potatoes. Took a very long nap. Woke up with an upset stomach. What the heck is going on. Eating has really become a full time problem. :angel:

I made pan-seared pork chops and homemade applesauce with apples from the farmers market, along with mashed potatoes. I made a pan sauce with rice vinegar and Thai sweet chili sauce. It was okay.

Attachments

• 1415547590385.jpg
    1415547590385.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 207
I made pan-seared pork chops and homemade applesauce with apples from the farmers market, along with mashed potatoes. I made a pan sauce with rice vinegar and Thai sweet chili sauce. It was okay.

Why was the sauce just okay? It sounds like a great idea. The sweet chili sauce would cut the harshness of the vinegar, it seems to me.

I'm not sure - I just didn't enjoy the combination very much. DH liked it, though. Maybe I'll try it again and add some oyster sauce for a more savory note.

Rice vinegar is not harsh, actually; it's milder than distilled white vinegar.

I'm not sure - I just didn't enjoy the combination very much. DH liked it, though. Maybe I'll try it again and add some oyster sauce for a more savory note.

Rice vinegar is not harsh, actually; it's milder than distilled white vinegar.

I use the white only for cleaning. Rice vinegar is the only thing I use for food. And sometimes the apple cider if the recipe calls for vinegar. :angel:

I grew up on cucumbers in white vinegar as a side dish almost every summer night. It's a family favorite. And I'm a vinegar fiend - I have about 15 kinds.

I like white vinegar for pickling, along with sliced cucumbers. I also use it for cleaning.

I like white vinegar for pickling, along with sliced cucumbers. I also use it for cleaning.

Same here, Dawg! :) I've mentioned many times that my go-to cleaning solution is a spray bottle of 1/3 white vinegar, 1/3 lemon juice and 1/3 water. Non-toxic, cuts grease, kills germs and works on everything!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom