Saturday Night's Alright for... Dinner 10-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We're trying a new recipe for shrimp scampi over pasta, steamed asparagus on the side.

What are your plans?

Birthday boy's request: Hungarian goulash. Served with veggies of his choice.

Appetizer of bacon-wrapped dates (I can't get enough of these) and deviled eggs.

He's on the low-carb diet, so no dessert. :-(

Taco salad with leftover brisket from the freezer with Mexican ranch dressing.

Last edited:
Locally made polska kielbasa and sauerkraut with jalapenos... or as I like to call it, put-the-fire-out-kraut.

img_1483990_0_4cc82bc40c36cf38fa73d12a9fae1ada.jpg

Finally got a chance to play in the kitchen...made Minnesota Fish cakes (walleye and wild rice). (Winged it--kinda followed the base recipe in JOC for salmon cakes but not really). Served those with a lemon-parsley butter, mixed veggies, and a garden salad. Apple crisp and ice cream for dessert. The fish cakes were excellent. I'll be making those again when I don't have enough fillets to serve three.

Last edited:
I had an Arby's Pork Belly Sandwich, salad with olive oil and vinegar, water for a beverage.

It was going to be a new soup, Curried Butternut Squash. Then I did: 3 loads of laundry, ran the dishwasher and put the clean dishes away, grocery shopped, and peeled the squash. Then I said "heck with it" and we had leftovers. :LOL: You all now know what we're (supposed to be) having tomorrow, though. :LOL:

I had Dominos pizza tonight. Dominos is really giving Papa John's a run for their money with their newly introduced everyday price of $7.99 for a large 3 topping pizza (take out). A major chain large 3 topping pizza hasn't been that low priced since way back. Pizza war!

Last edited:
I had Dominos pizza tonight. Dominos is really giving Papa John's a run for their money with their newly introduced everyday price of $7.99 for a large 3 topping pizza (take out). A major chain large 3 topping pizza hasn't been that low priced since way back. Pizza war!

No pizza war here. I am not a fan of Papa John's. I will not eat it unless someone else buys it. I grew up in Michigan eating Domino's so for me, it's either that or our local pizzeria whose owner is from New York. ?

I smoked some wings on the Pit Barrel Cooker and made a yellow squash casserole. Both turned out good family was happy.

Wings got done just about the time the mosquitoes were coming out. The days are getting shorter.

Back
Top Bottom