Saturday Night's alright for Eating! March 10/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am really enjoying being in the kitchen again. It takes my mind off everything else and I am feeling the passion again that I haven't had since I stopped catering and concentrated on cakes.

Tonight is scampi! I am figuring out how I can make it so DH can finish it at work while getting dinner for the residents there. I think I have it planned.

We had rice with the pork meatballs last night so I am thinking some rice vermicelli (cellophane noodles) and stir fried snap peas.

What's alright for your Saturday Night feast?

Dad just called and is coming over so we'll be going out. Don't know yet where we'll end up. One of his favorites is Cheeseburger in Paradise so it may be there.

Dad just called and is coming over so we'll be going out. Don't know yet where we'll end up. One of his favorites is Cheeseburger in Paradise so it may be there.
I'm just a "dumb Canuck" but have always wondered - does Jimmy Buffet own that or just make a killing off royalties for the name!

Heading over to my girlfriends son's house. Big gang. I offered to bring Lasagne. I made two pans, two loaves of garlic bread and cheese, Ceasar salad, home made crutons and bacon bits, Apple pie....

We are going to our friends' house again tonight for dinner and a movie, so I'm not sure what we are having for supper. She is planning a Jello cake with strawberries for dessert. :yum:

We're having leftovers tonight. We did a bit of running around followed by deep cleaning around the house (not the white tornado kind) so dinner is going to be simple.

Before dinner we will be having cocktails and some tortilla chips and queso dip.

Hunters chicken with paprika potatoes and a rocket/mooli/parmesan salad for adults and corn on the cob/pepper/cucumber for the kids. The boy had plain chicken (well with lemon/black pepper) instead.

They all ate it happily :yum:

Kathleen has flown out to see her mom and I am on my own for dinner. I took some pizza dough out of the freezer and will be having that.

Pepperoni, mushrooms and lots o cheese...

Wife is still out of town (last weekend of my solo existence) so I might cook a nice piece of steak and dine in my unfinished observatory/man cave out in the back yard. I have a scope set up in the already so I might look at a few deep sky objects.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/tender-chicken-in-white-sauce-78206.html at our house tonight.

12%25207%253A19%253A41%2520PM.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom