Saturday, October 1, 2016 ~ It's October?!??!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Gonna sound old here, but where has this year gone? :ohmy:

Yesterday's reject is today's supper. Seared scallops with bacon and Brussels sprouts, asparagus, and fresh-baked bread...if it all works out. If not, I have a bag of Carolina brand (Mahatma in the south and west) Long Grain and Wild Rice ready to use.

What's on deck for your plate tonight?

Cool weather is setting in. Green split pea and ham soup ? tonight.

This year is driving me crazy, it's already October! Can you believe it?

Made some egg salad, and we have a few chicken taquitos left. So that.

Last edited:
A crab and shrimp salad from Chef John Besh, dressing was homemade mayo, dijon, mustard, among others.

37240-albums1041-picture6703.jpg

Gonna sound old here, but where has this year gone? :ohmy:

I know, right?!

So we went to our neighbors' party tonight and I brought what I called OctoberFest Casserole :mrgreen: Bratwurst, sauerkraut, potatoes, onions, beer, grainy mustard, thyme and caraway seeds, topped with buttered apples. People seemed to like it :)

Attachments

• 1475376134562.jpg
    1475376134562.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 123
... and OH MY GOSH! Where has the year gone!?

chicken enchillades.jpg
[file photo]

A bit on the cool side here in the high desert...
I made a favorite stand by, Chicken and Hatch Green Chile Enchiladas
YUM!
Dessert will be Cherry Jello with fresh Cherries
(I froze a heap while they were in season and CHEAP, DH thinks I'm a genius :blush: )
in it and Reddi Wip on top
:yum:

:doh: And THIS, boys and girls, is what happens when you don't "Preview" a post before hitting "Submit":
:ohmy: Oh, who me?...
:ermm: Um, no, K-Girl. Sorry. I rushed my post and didn't see that you had slipped in between GG's post and mine. However, yours DOES look very good. Still, GG is only a third as far from our house as you are. I have a better chance at leftovers if we head south. :LOL:

Looks yummy. Did you use the Jonah crab?

No, they were gone by the time Craig got to the store. He had already bought a 1 lb canned (the kind that has to be kept cold) of lump meat middle of last week at Restaurant Depot when he went to get our bottled water and saw they had some that was actually a product of U.S. We used half of it for the salad and will use the other half in a surf-n-turf meal tonight.

It was pretty good, though a tad heavy on the horseradish for me, but something I'd definitely make again with that adjustment. I did make the fresh mayo for it. Seafood Maison Recipe by Chef John Besh | Tasting Table

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom