Saturday Sept 24 dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
Today is game day! Heading out to the UVA- Southern Miss game in Charlottesville so supper will be on the road. While the game will be fun, the food will be fast today! I'll have to drool over all y'alls dinner plans.

Dang! You're up early!

We're supposed to have gorgeous weather today so something is getting tossed on the BBQ. I have burgers and smokies and chicken, we'll see what everyone wants. I've had a hankering for potato salad too so I might get some of that going.

Dinner will be a hunk of kielbasa thrown on the grill and maybe some leftover mac & cheese. Also going on the grill will be a Cuban pork tenderloin, but that will be sliced for tomorrow's dinner. At least I'm hoping it will make it until tomorrow.

I put some navy beans to soak last night before going to bed and I'm glad I did. Woke up this morning to a rather bleak, coolish day. So I'll turn the beans into white beans with ham hocks. Bake up a mess of cornbread to sop it up with, iced tea to wash it down and some of the "personal" apple pies I made yesterday for dessert. Made 8 little apple pies so we'll each have our own.

Yes, since it's game day I'm doing baby back ribs, beef back ribs, and whole potatoes in the UDS. My UDS does not have a team emblem on it as I have family members who've either attended or is currently associated with the two major colleges in L.A. They're major rivalries so I can't can't both on the smoker...lol..

Slight change of dinner plans...
I just got back from the grocery store with two packages of marrow bones. The dogs are eating three bones right now, I'll be having a couple tonight, roasted, spread on toasted frnech bread with a little parsley salad.

I put some navy beans to soak last night before going to bed and I'm glad I did. Woke up this morning to a rather bleak, coolish day. So I'll turn the beans into white beans with ham hocks. Bake up a mess of cornbread to sop it up with, iced tea to wash it down and some of the "personal" apple pies I made yesterday for dessert. Made 8 little apple pies so we'll each have our own.

Katie, would you please give me some instructions on the "personal" apple pies. I have some really good apples that I want to use.

Nothing special, Licia. Actually I used canned pie filling. I have a Sunbeam Pie Maker appliance that makes two 4-inch pies at a time using commercial or homemade pie crust and whatever filling desired.

I was all set to make little cherry pies but when I went to the pantry, all I had was apple pie filling. Oh, well. So we had little apple pies. One can of filling made 8 pies, so we'll have dessert for a few days.

The pie maker can be used for all sorts of other pie-like edibles, which makes it kind of handy for meat pies and mini quiches, etc. The only downside is that it only makes 2 at a time. Not too problematic at this point since it's only Glenn and I now.

I'll be making a quick tomato sauce tonight to go over some sausage stuffed pasta. A salad will go along side.

We had slow cooked beef with roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, curly kale, peas, gravy and mint sauce, followed by choc brownies and cornish ice cream.

It was lush.

Nothing special, Licia. Actually I used canned pie filling. I have a Sunbeam Pie Maker appliance that makes two 4-inch pies at a time using commercial or homemade pie crust and whatever filling desired.

I was all set to make little cherry pies but when I went to the pantry, all I had was apple pie filling. Oh, well. So we had little apple pies. One can of filling made 8 pies, so we'll have dessert for a few days.

The pie maker can be used for all sorts of other pie-like edibles, which makes it kind of handy for meat pies and mini quiches, etc. The only downside is that it only makes 2 at a time. Not too problematic at this point since it's only Glenn and I now.
Thanks, Katie. Since I don't have a pie maker, I'll just have to do it the hard way. Maybe a cobbler this time.

Kind of a throw-it-together tonight.

Seaweed salad, Minestrone soup, liverwurst sandwich, Texas toast with extra garlic and mixed fruit for dessert.

I had browned Italian sausage, with Swiss cheese on French bread, pressed and toasted like a Cuban.

How's that for international?

I had browned Italian sausage, with Swiss cheese on French bread, pressed and toasted like a Cuban.

How's that for international?

No sauce of any kind?
Lots of times I don't add anything if there's cheese, especially Swiss.

We are smoking ribs again. My DH just loves doing this with me. We sit on the deck, have appetizers and drink wine while the ribs smoke the last hour or so. Along with the ribs we will have sweet potato fries and whatever salad our friends bring over. I also have made pumpkin pie and will be finishing up the chocolate pie soon. I haven't eaten since breakfast this morning. It should be a good meal!!

BBQ cupcake chichen
Mashed And broccoli.
39817-albums371-picture3009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom