Saturday Supper 2/23/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went out to lunch today after my hair appointment and as usual, couldn't finish it all. So, this evening's dinner was leftover cheese enchiladas and sides. :yum: I made a small side salad to go with the leftovers.

As for taxes...I may be in the minority here, but I just gather up the info and pay to have it done. I've looked into doing it online, but the complicated capital gain/loss is just too much for my addled brain.:huh: It's far less headache to just continue to go to someone I've trusted for years.

Finally... just picked up pupusas IMG_0723.jpg

All leftovers today, along with a sandwich from the end of the latest loaf of bread. Spent most of my time on this dismal day doing the final mapping of my garden, finishing (maybe!) with 21 pepper varieties, and 18 tomato varieties, plus all those other things! Now, I have to map out the seed trays, but that's the easy part.

I did start a poolish for some rye bread, plus put some black chick peas to soak, but the cooking is tomorrow.

Yummy looking and sounding dinners, everyone!

RF...thanks for the pic....I did have to look up pupusas! They look delish.

I changed my plans to sous vide, too. I'll toss them in the fryer for 2-3 minutes at the end to brown them up. According to a few YouTubers, that works great. I'll see.

CD

Best wings I have ever made. Cooking sous vide gave me wings that were cooked completely through, and yet moist and almost fall apart tender. The flash fry at the end gave me a nice crust, and crispy skin, without over cooking the meat.

I made a butter, garlic and parmesan sauce to toss the wings in. That was a first for me, too, and was also very good (although my doctor would disagree with that choice).

CD

Attachments

• Wings-219-001.jpg
    Wings-219-001.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 118
Well, it's been a while since I've had to have dinner timing down to a fine science.

Getting the kids taxes done by the SC was the objective tonight but keeping 5yr. old Cheyenne entertained by me while having dinner on the table when the taxes were finally done took some magic from this ole gal.

It all came off without a hitch and I must say I'm proud of myself, although we're both dog tired and glad to see the tail lights heading down the road close to our bed time. Ahhh, love is grand.:wub:

Last edited:
We are all a bunch of sickies in this household right now so dinner was soup. I have bronchitis again and an infection in the eye I had operated on a few weeks ago. The infection isn't to do with the cataract surgery (it is the tear duct thanks to a sinus infection. So I had homemade veggie soup.

TB has a cold and a bad back from trying to unhook a wheelchair in his bus last week. The strap for some reason twisted and when he gave it a good tug it came loose and he went backwards. He had onion soup that I had in the freezer.

Even Miley is on a clear broth as she ate something she shouldn't have and is now having digestive problems. Monkey, the cat, is the only one who isn't sick - and so I gave her some tuna so she could feel special! :LOL:

We are all a bunch of sickies in this household right now so dinner was soup. I have bronchitis again and an infection in the eye I had operated on a few weeks ago. The infection isn't to do with the cataract surgery (it is the tear duct thanks to a sinus infection. So I had homemade veggie soup.

TB has a cold and a bad back from trying to unhook a wheelchair in his bus last week. The strap for some reason twisted and when he gave it a good tug it came loose and he went backwards. He had onion soup that I had in the freezer.

Even Miley is on a clear broth as she ate something she shouldn't have and is now having digestive problems. Monkey, the cat, is the only one who isn't sick - and so I gave her some tuna so she could feel special! :LOL:

It's nice to see you here. Hope you all feel better soon.

Back
Top Bottom