Saturday Supper, August 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am hoping to try Bucky Tom's Buffalo wings today, with salad and sweet potato fries (baked actually).

What's on your menu?

Today is a lazy day after a very busy week, so instead of cooking I bought a small macaroni/feta/olive salad and a meal of 5 cheeses pasta at the local Italian deli.

It's one of my favourite places in the city, for the same price as a salty and greasy burger menu at one of well known fastfood restaurants, you get a tasty homemade Italian meal.

Dawgluver said:
:yum: Will have to try this. Thanks for the site, Chopper! Lots of good stuff. I'm an Iowa girl too.

You should like her then. My sister told me about the site. Kinda fun, and good recipes. I'll let you know how the sauce turns out.

If we can't make it to Alix's on time for sushi (I wish!) we will be having brats soon at our friend Susan's house. Yikes, we need to leave or she will be eating without us!

We are having a couple of friends over for dinner this evening. Informal. Which, for me usually gets me twitching and a going. :ohmy: Earlier today Jr caught wind of a free dinner, and he and his Gf are coming for dinner too. I'm making a Penne Alfredo w/ broken up Italian sausage and chicken breast strips. Cream, a little garlic and some onion in the sauce. Plenty of parm.

Salad -- I decided, inspired on MsMoffet's dinner pics yesterday is a large platter of garden veggies-- cuke slices, zukes disguised as julienne strips, green pepper strips, and jalapeno discs sliced on the Bias for Maximum potential for the brave, plus they were kind of small. I guess the only garden ones are the cukes and tomatoes. Remainder are farmer market. Some olives,sliced tomatoes and cooked and chilled brocolli florets all lightly dressed w/ garlic and lemon dressing and scattered assorted herbs.

I am baking hot out of the oven skillet corn bread. I don't care if this doesn't sound like the best bread to serve. I am hungry for some corn bread.

Arghh, but you know I figured out earlier today this all needs to come together at the last moment. Well, I cooked the chix and sausage. Prepped but not dressed the veggies. Will slice the tomaters before setting it on the table.

Cats are sent upstairs to play so they don't skateboard on the dining room table.

I brought in some wild goldenrod from the garden, and promptly sent it back outside. People get some crazy notion this plant causes "hayfever". It doesn't. It just coincides with hayfever season. It is a wonderful, feathery yellow color, with some green in the fronds as well, just right for this time of year, I found a mixture of zinneas and black eye susan, Joe Pye Weed and some purple stuff to put in a flower vase on the dining room buffet. Not quite the "wild flower affect" I was going for, but it will doo.

I guess it's about as ready as I can get. Fresh shirt hanging on the bedroom door knob.

I "feel" like I am forgetting something. ?!? :huh:
Other couple is bringing dessert.

Corn pancakes and sausage

img_1180556_0_4fbf3a56dad76c6839b25d621a5cc618.jpg

Chocolate pound cake – I used all the batter and just put a cookie sheet under it just in case. It rose above the top of the pan but didn’t overflow the side OR the center hole.

img_1180556_1_62bb2c426a334373afdf1e8d0a92dda3.jpg

img_1180556_2_4a78ac6e1ee8fa7c1d38bdce49f78e35.jpg

msmofet said:
Corn pancakes and sausage

Chocolate pound cake – I used all the batter and just put a cookie sheet under it just in case. It rose above the top of the pan but didn’t overflow the side OR the center hole.

Oh so purty, MsM! :yum:

lp, let me know how they turned out.

i wasn't being a wise guy when askd by marge what to substitute. you really need to use frank's hot sauce, and a basic blue cheese dressing to do it right. a fancy gorgonzola or other blue vein cheese dressing is nothin' more than lipstick on a pig. we're talking chicken wings, which are largely skin, tossed or dipped in hot sauce. gimme a break about the accompanying dressing. unless you are a pig in lipstick. :cool:

but it seems that recipe, though, is showing up around the internet.

anywho, hope it goes well, lp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom