Saturday Suppers Nov 28 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
I'm about to head out and around the lake to Dx's . She made turkey stock yesterday and is finishing making soup today. If it's as good as her chicken soup, it will be great!

What are you cooking up today?

It's chilly here today (60F).....yeah I know. Anyway, grilling the wings doesn't sound like fun, so I'll do them in the oven. I've been marinating them in a combo of Goya Mojo and Sriracha. They should do well on my new pyramid silicone mat.
Glorified salads will work, with some dressing for the SC.

If you guessed we're having Thanksgiving leftovers, you win! None of it will be re-purposed into something new, either. I have a lingering case of the lazies. :LOL:

I had an open face hot turkey sandwich with gravy :yum: around 2 today, so I'll just nibble on something light later on.

The last of the turkey, sides, and pie will be used up tomorrow for lunch with my brother. :)

I combined some turkey, mushrooms, green beans and a thin gravy to make a casserole. I sure miss that layer of stuffing on top!!! :pig:

A few odds and ends left for lunch tomorrow, Thanksgiving 2015 is fading fast! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
Lunch was a turkey sandwich and dinner will be all the leftovers made into a shepherds pie type dish.

We decided to go out for dinner and a movie - on our way to see Mockingjay Part 2. We just finished dinner at a Mexican restaurant. ¡Salud!

Attachments

• 1448756495650.jpg
    1448756495650.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 146
A wok dinner that you won't find in a Chinese restaurant. Chicken with red bell peppers, red cabbage, scallions and walnuts, served over spinach pasta.

Chicken with fajita seasoning. Decided on mixed vegetables. Leftover potatoes from last night and the rest of the tortillas from last night.

We went to see that the other day, then went to see Creed on Thanksgiving, and just got home from Spectre. I didn't cook today other than breakfast. I always make the husband breakfast on the weekends as it's his favorite.

Tomorrow, however, I'm making handheld meat pies. I figured I'd use some puff pastry and mix some ground beef with spices and veggies and mushrooms and maybe make some mashed potatoes and make some handheld awesomeness. :)

Finished up the dressing/stuffing and mashed potatoes. I think our carb loading is done. I really do need to find a vegetable somewhere.

Somber day here. We lost our first community member today. She was by far the oldest one here; 86. Then we went to a potluck for a friend who will be returning to Germany this week to try to get her children back. She doesn't know if she will return to NM or stay in Germany. The potluck was short on food but heavy on the wine. We came home and had turkey sandwiches. Then I was confused because all the posts on this thread say you posted yesterday. I guess for most of you this is tomorrow.:huh:

According to your post, you posted at 10:36 pm your time. Depending on how your time is set, yes nearly everyone on the east coast would show yesterday.

So I made these. The husband declares them delicious. They are. :)

Attachments

• Lunch 1.jpg
    Lunch 1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 156
  • Lunch 2.jpg
    Lunch 2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Lunch Done.jpg
    Lunch Done.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom