"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Saturday the 14th dinner thread?

am i missing something? i don't see the "what's fer dinner" thread for today, saturday the 14th.

well, i'll start it with 20 or so minutes to go.

we had my family's annual get together at my sister's mansion today (the lucky one who married a wall street guy ) to celebrate my mom's 86th and my dad's 89th birthdays, and my nephew's recent graduation from marist college. it was a really nice day, and i was thrilled to see one of my sisters who lives far away, and her children, two of which are serving in the military (air force and army). i also got to meet the new wife of the nephew that's in the army, a really sweet girl from virginia. they are currently stationed in oklahoma city and are loving it.

ah, young love.

that'll end soon.

lol, j/k.

anyway, we ate some good food at my sis's. sausage n peppers, fried chicken, pulled pork, an italian hero, and mac and potato salads, but it was early so i picked up a sushi/sashimi combo on the way into work tonight:

unfortunately, the ambience and atmosphere of where i have to eat it ain't so great:

overtime is nice, but boy would i rather be sitting in a nice sushi bar right now.

so, did anyone else eat today?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Sounds like a lovely family meal Tom

The young love ending soon...gee you crack me up

The sushi meals look delicious, but yes, the sushi bar would have been a bit nicer LOL

Great food though!

We are not having tea for a few hours yet, it is only 1:50pm here, we have only just had lunch

Old 07-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

yeah, i guess it's sunday afternoon in oz already.

we should start the sunday dinner thread soon, before it's monday.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
Master Chef

buckytom...OMGosh...that looks amazing! I love California rolls and the sashimi looks so bright and fresh - I only get to have that loveliness every couple of months or so when I am at my daughter's on the west coast. Great pics - even the one in front of the computer, must make the overtime a bit nicer.

Congrats to all your family members who are celebrating so many special occasions. Sounds like a wonderful family get together.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
Head Chef

Tonight was a simple pasta dinner - linguine, garlic, basil, and roasted red peppers in a chicken broth base. Topped with Parmigiano Reggiano.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Tom...you are correct, it is Sunday arvo here

You know...I was a little confused, as I thought for a minute there it was actually Saturday here too I am starting to live in your time zone
Old 07-15-2012, 01:03 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
buckytom...OMGosh...that looks amazing! I love California rolls and the sashimi looks so bright and fresh - I only get to have that loveliness every couple of months or so when I am at my daughter's on the west coast. Great pics - even the one in front of the computer, must make the overtime a bit nicer.

Congrats to all your family members who are celebrating so many special occasions. Sounds like a wonderful family get together.
thanks very much, cheryl. it was a really nice day, and now those fishies are swimmin' in my belly.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:30 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by merstar View Post
Tonight was a simple pasta dinner - linguine, garlic, basil, and roasted red peppers in a chicken broth base. Topped with Parmigiano Reggiano.
Sometimes, I find the simple pastas the best!

Sounds tasty Merstar
Old 07-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
am i missing something? i don't see the "what's fer dinner" thread for today, saturday the 14th.

well, i'll start it with 20 or so minutes to go.

we had my family's annual get together at my sister's mansion today (the lucky one who married a wall street guy ) to celebrate my mom's 86th and my dad's 89th birthdays, and my nephew's recent graduation from marist college. it was a really nice day, and i was thrilled to see one of my sisters who lives far away, and her children, two of which are serving in the military (air force and army). i also got to meet the new wife of the nephew that's in the army, a really sweet girl from virginia. they are currently stationed in oklahoma city and are loving it.

ah, young love.

that'll end soon.

lol, j/k.

anyway, we ate some good food at my sis's. sausage n peppers, fried chicken, pulled pork, an italian hero, and mac and potato salads, but it was early so i picked up a sushi/sashimi combo on the way into work tonight:

unfortunately, the ambience and atmosphere of where i have to eat it ain't so great:

overtime is nice, but boy would i rather be sitting in a nice sushi bar right now.

so, did anyone else eat today?
so that's toms lair eh? i get the techno stuff matey,but the dewalt? personally i use floss or toothpicks!! the grub looks fab as usual,sounds like you had good day too!!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
so that's toms lair eh? i get the techno stuff matey,but the dewalt? personally i use floss or toothpicks!! the grub looks fab as usual,sounds like you had good day too!!
Harry, whats a dewalt?

Tags
dinner