Saturday's Alright for Cooking May 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We ended up having hot dogs and potato salad Friday night, so yesterday I made the marinated pork kebabs with tzatziki sauce and pita bread that I had planned. The zucchini are from our garden.

Attachments

• 1433096291257.jpg
    1433096291257.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 177
  • 1433096303116.jpg
    1433096303116.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 172
It is. I got that tip from Cooks Illustrated and a friend reminded me of it last weekend when we had dinner at her house. The lemon softens and the sugars caramelize, so it gets juicy and sweet. It's really good.

Creative, I have no idea what cold chips are. Are they like our french fries? And what is cos lettuce? Otherwise, from what I deciphered, your dinner sounds delicious!
Ah yes, you call chips french fries. French fries tend to be a slimmer version of a chip though - chips being shorter and a bit fatter.

Cos lettuce is darker green than most lettuces, long and very crisp. I expect you have it in US under a different name? They go well in caesar salad.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...jHsQSuqICwDw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=738

taxy, that is a great looking table. All except your tin foil bobeches, that is. ;)

Noticed that I see. :ROFLMAO: I didn't even know those had a name in English. I haven't been able to find any disposable ones here. Of course not knowing what they are called doesn't help.
Been looking up bobèche, and that's not quite what that foil is trying to be. When I lived in Denmark, it was standard to put a foil liner inside the candle stick, often with a bobèche. It keeps the candle from getting stuck in the candlestick. They usually look like a tiny muffin liner, but foil. So, I discovered there are foil muffin liners. I betcha that would look better. Another thing to add to the shopping list.

It is. I got that tip from Cooks Illustrated and a friend reminded me of it last weekend when we had dinner at her house. The lemon softens and the sugars caramelize, so it gets juicy and sweet. It's really good.

I never would have thought of that GG. I love my Meyer lemons, and I can't wait to use some wedges in my next grill basket of veggies. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom