Saturday's Alright for Cooking May 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm making a pizza on the grill tonight. Probably pepperoni. I may throw on some mushrooms.

If my pork chops thaw in time: breaded chops, either mashed or stuffing (will take vote later), pork gravy and steamed or breaded cauliflower.

Stacked enchiladas with chicken and roasted tomatillo sauce. And a Margarita.

Been a busy day gardening, or "farming" as Glenn calls it, so I took a casserole of turkey tetrazzini out of the freezer, along with a half dozen ears of corn from last year's garden. Homemade pickles and iced tea will round it out. Close to the end of the pistachio fudge will be our dessert.

Saturday's alright for a snack improv too (that involves no cooking!)

I feel sure it will disgust most here but, occasionally, I don't mind good quality cold chips. I had some chips earlier today but couldn't finish them...so I got a (reduced price) good prawn cocktail and some cold salmon (treated with a chilli mix) and ate that odd but delicious combo with cos lettuce leaves. It was great!

Change of plans we had sandwiches. Mine was grilled American and Swiss on seeded rye bread. Strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Stirling made spaghetti and meat sauce for supper. He made the giant batch of sauce that will be used for a number of meals. I was sous chef. I did ALL the chopping except for the black olives. I also made a vinaigrette and threw in some chopped romaine lettuce and called it a salad.

11249310_10155638807205191_3145858582444065757_o.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday's alright for a snack improv too (that involves no cooking!)

I feel sure it will disgust most here but, occasionally, I don't mind good quality cold chips. I had some chips earlier today but couldn't finish them...so I got a (reduced price) good prawn cocktail and some cold salmon (treated with a chilli mix) and ate that odd but delicious combo with cos lettuce leaves. It was great!

Creative, I have no idea what cold chips are. Are they like our french fries? And what is cos lettuce? Otherwise, from what I deciphered, your dinner sounds delicious!

Nice spread Taxy, and complete with candles! Looks really good.

I had a taco salad from Pizza Factory for dinner. I love their taco salads and have never been disappointed.

Last edited:
I didn't actually cook tonight...I played with a bunch of different flavoured vinegars and EVOOs and came up with some excellent salad dressings. Of course, I had to taste all of them, so I ate salad, and more salad.

I didn't actually cook tonight...I played with a bunch of different flavoured vinegars and EVOOs and came up with some excellent salad dressings. Of course, I had to taste all of them, so I ate salad, and more salad.

:yum: Oh, how you must suffer for your art. :angel:

Pizza here too, but in the oven. Used Boboli shells I found in the freezer - decided I like the Naan bread better. Himself has sausage, ham, mushrooms, onions, and mozz. Mine has sausage, ham, mushrooms, tomato, basil, spinach, black olives, mozz. We had quick salads to start.

taxy, that is a great looking table. All except your tin foil bobeches, that is. ;)

We were busy yesterday. Karen finished canning the spicy tomato jam and bagging up some oven dried tomatoes. I spent most of the day smoking tasso and andouille. I keep the temperature around 200F until the internal temp is 155F. I then wrap in foil to rest. After the rest period, the carry over cooking brought the internal temp to 160F. Smoking at that temperature makes for a long day, especially when you have to do things in batches.

For dinner, I made the meatball and sides we usually make for Bahn Mi sandwiches, but had lettuce wraps instead.:yum:

taxy, that is a great looking table. All except your tin foil bobeches, that is. ;)

Noticed that I see. :ROFLMAO: I didn't even know those had a name in English. I haven't been able to find any disposable ones here. Of course not knowing what they are called doesn't help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom