Saturday's Dinner 9-2/17-What's on the Table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Tonight's dinner will be grilled Chinese sausages for SO and me and a burger for GD who doesn't eat sausage. I'm going to make a batch of sesame noodles and a tossed salad for dinner as well.

What are your plans?

Throwing together an impromptu chicken "stew" with drop dumplings.

Salmon steaks on the grill, buttered red potatoes, nuked broc.

Salmon steaks are dusted with flour, coated with Dijon mustard and then with bread crumbs.

Went grocery shopping today. I picked up a rotisserie turkey breast. We had late lunch turkey sandwiches. Not sure when or what dinner will be. May just have some yogurt later as a snack.

I'm heading over to my daughter's house for a dip in the pool later on after work. Another hot day here with a busted AC here at the shop. I'm hot, sweaty, and in a real shItty mood.
I asked for chips, salsa, bier, and a med rare protein burger with tomato, raw onion, and avocado, served poolside. She said no problem, come on over.

Heading home soon with a couple of rib eyes...I'm currently hiding in my office to get out of the clean up:LOL:......but, the thrill of the evening will be home made onion rings...hope I have the energy and desire to do them by the time I get home...

Pasta Plus.....

39817-albums371-picture7092.jpg

OMGosh Joey....that looks amazing! :yum:

I went to an afternoon anniversary party for some dear friends. The party extended from the inside of the home to front and back patios, and included a wonderful assortment of good food. I had the lasagna, tossed green salad with Italian dressing, garlic toast, and a slice of homemade lemon cake for dessert. I'm stuffed. :yum:

I'm heading over to my daughter's house for a dip in the pool later on after work. Another hot day here with a busted AC here at the shop. I'm hot, sweaty, and in a real shItty mood.
I asked for chips, salsa, bier, and a med rare protein burger with tomato, raw onion, and avocado, served poolside. She said no problem, come on over.

The only pool I have is a bathtub and I may be spending the day there tomorrow. And especially on Monday and Tuesday.:LOL: Usually September is a beautiful month, but we'll be having our hottest temps of the summer next week? What the...?

Everyone's dinners sound so good. Roch..hope you were able to get out of the cleanup :), and RF...you are SO fortunate to have access to a pool and a daughter who is willing to grant your poolside menu wishes! Sounds great! It's been so hot up here too...I'm SO looking forward to fall. :wub:

Last edited:
The only pool I have is a bathtub and I may be spending the day there tomorrow. And especially on Monday and Tuesday.:LOL: Usually September is a beautiful month, but we'll be having our hottest temps of the summer next week? What the...?

We're still at my daughter's, finished dinner, almost 9 pm, and it's still 92 out here in the Valley with a major brush fire a few miles away in Sunland. I felt comfortable for about an hour after getting out of the water. Now I'm sweating again sitting out here in the patio, guzzling iced water.
Thanks for the dinner!

We're still at my daughter's, finished dinner, almost 9 pm, and it's still 92 out here in the Valley with a major brush fire a few miles away in Sunland. I felt comfortable for about an hour after getting out of the water. Now I'm sweating again sitting out here in the patio, guzzling iced water.
Thanks for the dinner!

Holy Carp! One of my closest friends lives near Sunland, a few blocks from Sunland Blvd! I just texted him, and the fire came within a mile of him, but the FD stopped it at Sunland Blvd.

It's been a week of close calls for my family and closest friends, with floods in Houston and Port Arthur, and fires in LA. :ohmy:

CD

We stopped at a Texas Roadhouse after an Improv show that our son suggested we go to. I had freebie gift cards from my Discover cash back points, Texas Roadhouse is one of the two chain restaurants we actually enjoy (the other is Bahama Breeze), so why not? Free food! I had pulled pork with fresh veggie mix, and a tossed salad. Himself had a country fried chicken breast with salad and fries. Goober had a steak and rib combo with salad and...I don't remember. However, I think the real reason I like them is for their rolls and cinnamon honey butter.*swoon*

We stopped at a Texas Roadhouse after an Improv show that our son suggested we go to. I had freebie gift cards from my Discover cash back points, Texas Roadhouse is one of the two chain restaurants we actually enjoy (the other is Bahama Breeze), so why not? Free food! I had pulled pork with fresh veggie mix, and a tossed salad. Himself had a country fried chicken breast with salad and fries. Goober had a steak and rib combo with salad and...I don't remember. However, I think the real reason I like them is for their rolls and cinnamon honey butter.*swoon*

Loved the one in Missouri... Would always order the Dallas Filet... :yum:

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom