Saturday's dinner May 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, i made it through yesterday and today without going bald. just a little more white haired.

we got crushed on friday night using our best pitcher. he had a so-so game, but the 15 defensive errors didn't help.

then my boy got to be the starting pitcher today. even though we lost, he was great! if it weren't for 6 more defensive errors and 2 huge baserunning errors, we would have beaten the best team in the league with him on the mound.

as it rained throughout the game, he was pitching lights out. lol, he now has the nickname "the rain man". by his last inning, everyone on our bench was shouting, "c'mon, bring the rain, bring it down!". a reference to pitching low, hard strikes that are difficult to hit.

wait unitl he grows up and realizes who " the rain man" really is :angel:.
he's gonna kill me. but for now, it'll do.

we celebrated afterwards by taking him out for sushi, his favourite. it was a good day.

here's the rain man in action:

img_1268218_0_9cd50d3309da286fd9b2fb6d061e8f6b.jpg

img_1268218_1_1afa35b2385cf0385264ef2e915a43b1.jpg

img_1268218_2_dbe411af987a8c134400b84f36a67195.jpg

img_1268218_3_1c9689b30cecf92f462eba97cce49ad4.jpg

img_1268218_4_7fb44b368c12a42c4fb182ba3f222a72.jpg

Last edited:
Le mudbug pizza!:yum:
36788-albums799-picture5519.jpg

We did these on the Weber. The pie has an apricot jam drizzle, crawfish tails that have a blackening season mix in addition to the flavor from the "boil water", andouille, mozzarella, fontina, a touch of parm, red onion and roasted red bell pepper.:yum:

Last edited:
Love the pictures

Our grandson plays baseball, too. he's pretty good and we can't wait to visit and watch him play. Really miss them and don't like being so far away.

:( Oh jabbur! ((hug)) I hope your kitty comes home soon. If you have an attached garage leave the door up a little so kitty can crawl in. Our previous cat got out and that's what we did, leaving a bit of water for her. She was back less than 48 hours after some fool woman friend of my widowed FIL let her get out.

Thanks CG. She made it home last night. She was out of her normal roaming area when she got lost. She hopped into the car with DH and the dog when they were taking stuff to the recycle bins at the firehouse near the entrance to the neighborhood. Then while he was unloading she hopped out. We searched and called for hours. Put up flyers. Our son came home from work and searched in the rain after dark for almost 2 hours too. He put out a can of food near the recycle bins around 10:30pm last night and she shot out of somewhere to eat before he even got the can on the ground. Now today I have to put away all the groceries since I didn't get to it yesterday. Just hope the container of sour cream I found (thought I had gotten all the cold stuff put away) will still be okay.

BT, the Boy looks good! You should feel proud!

On another note, youngsters will push boundaries every where you let them. Parents just have to pick their battles.

Didn't get to my chosen birthday meal yesterday because we got tempted by a trip we made to Paris (Tennessee, that is) yesterday midday. Had some horse trading to do there and as long as we were within spittin' distance we stopped at our favorite barbecue place, Trolinger's, had a couple of awesome pulled pork barbecue sandwiches, bought 5 pounds of the heavenly pork gold and a bottle of their signature sauce. We were down to a 1/4-inch of the fiery liquid and didn't want to have a barbecue sauce "crisis" this early into the grilling season.:rolleyes::LOL:

So, we had barbecue (again), the first fried green tomatoes of the season, and a healthy serving of Baked Beans Quintet, which is always good for an, um, "musical" performance later. We ate like we had been starved and enjoyed every bite.

All good, and Trolinger's must be doing something right. They've been around since 1917.

Glad you had fun, Katie! The bean dish "sounds" delicious, C&P!

thanks very much lyndalou and andy.

you know, andy, if he pitched for the sox someday, i might just have to change allegiances. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom