"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-19-2013, 01:46 AM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

well, i made it through yesterday and today without going bald. just a little more white haired.

we got crushed on friday night using our best pitcher. he had a so-so game, but the 15 defensive errors didn't help.

then my boy got to be the starting pitcher today. even though we lost, he was great! if it weren't for 6 more defensive errors and 2 huge baserunning errors, we would have beaten the best team in the league with him on the mound.

as it rained throughout the game, he was pitching lights out. lol, he now has the nickname "the rain man". by his last inning, everyone on our bench was shouting, "c'mon, bring the rain, bring it down!". a reference to pitching low, hard strikes that are difficult to hit.

wait unitl he grows up and realizes who " the rain man" really is .
he's gonna kill me. but for now, it'll do.

we celebrated afterwards by taking him out for sushi, his favourite. it was a good day.

here's the rain man in action:

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #42
Executive Chef

Le mudbug pizza!

We did these on the Weber. The pie has an apricot jam drizzle, crawfish tails that have a blackening season mix in addition to the flavor from the "boil water", andouille, mozzarella, fontina, a touch of parm, red onion and roasted red bell pepper.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #43
Head Chef

Unhappy Love the pictures

Our grandson plays baseball, too. he's pretty good and we can't wait to visit and watch him play. Really miss them and don't like being so far away.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #44
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Oh jabbur! ((hug)) I hope your kitty comes home soon. If you have an attached garage leave the door up a little so kitty can crawl in. Our previous cat got out and that's what we did, leaving a bit of water for her. She was back less than 48 hours after some fool woman friend of my widowed FIL let her get out.
Thanks CG. She made it home last night. She was out of her normal roaming area when she got lost. She hopped into the car with DH and the dog when they were taking stuff to the recycle bins at the firehouse near the entrance to the neighborhood. Then while he was unloading she hopped out. We searched and called for hours. Put up flyers. Our son came home from work and searched in the rain after dark for almost 2 hours too. He put out a can of food near the recycle bins around 10:30pm last night and she shot out of somewhere to eat before he even got the can on the ground. Now today I have to put away all the groceries since I didn't get to it yesterday. Just hope the container of sour cream I found (thought I had gotten all the cold stuff put away) will still be okay.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #45
Certified Pretend Chef

BT, the Boy looks good! You should feel proud!

On another note, youngsters will push boundaries every where you let them. Parents just have to pick their battles.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Didn't get to my chosen birthday meal yesterday because we got tempted by a trip we made to Paris (Tennessee, that is) yesterday midday. Had some horse trading to do there and as long as we were within spittin' distance we stopped at our favorite barbecue place, Trolinger's, had a couple of awesome pulled pork barbecue sandwiches, bought 5 pounds of the heavenly pork gold and a bottle of their signature sauce. We were down to a 1/4-inch of the fiery liquid and didn't want to have a barbecue sauce "crisis" this early into the grilling season.

So, we had barbecue (again), the first fried green tomatoes of the season, and a healthy serving of Baked Beans Quintet, which is always good for an, um, "musical" performance later. We ate like we had been starved and enjoyed every bite.

All good, and Trolinger's must be doing something right. They've been around since 1917.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Glad you had fun, Katie! The bean dish "sounds" delicious, C&P!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Glad you had fun, Katie! The bean dish "sounds" delicious, C&P!
Yes, Dawg. The beans are fantastic. Buck loved, loved, loved them and Glenn says they're the best he's ever eaten. When I make them, I put some aside in the freezer because they freeze very well.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:23 AM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks very much lyndalou and andy.

you know, andy, if he pitched for the sox someday, i might just have to change allegiances.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #50
Master Chef

Nice pics BT, but I'm still waiting for the video. Drivelinebaseball.com would have the video.

Tags
dinner