Saturday's dinner May 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyway last nights dinner!
39817-albums960-picture5498.jpg

Wow, looks fabulous Joey, nice presentation too :)

Tonight we are making Chinese 5 Spice Chicken and serving it with a garden salad :)

We were going to make some fried rice to have with it but we had fried rice at the restaurant last night, so salad it is :)

Hmmmm. It's Saturday. I've had three days to think about it and still haven't decided.:)

Off to play at an afternoon street dance and vintage car show. Going to get home around 6:30. May go out or get lickered up and toss a quick pasta......News at, well, 6:30.:cool:

I'm with you S&P. I'm sooooooo confused......:ohmy:

I can almost wrap my head around the fact of our time differences, even when there is a day's difference in either direction, with time zones across the globe. what totally confounds me is the difference of seasons--the fact that in our world some people are living with winter at the same time it is summer where I am....

Hmmmm. It's Saturday. I've had three days to think about it and still haven't decided.:)

Off to play at an afternoon street dance and vintage car show. Going to get home around 6:30. May go out or get lickered up and toss a quick pasta......News at, well, 6:30.:cool:

That sounds like a pretty good plan. We're going to a cousin's grad party this afternoon and then off to a play tonight, so dinner will probably be on the run.

Have mentoring session this morning then hit the grocery. Was going to go yesterday but didn't get it worked into the schedule. I don't like going on Saturdays but will need milk before tomorrow. Guess I'll decide when I see what's available at the store.

I can tell you what the plan is......

I am about to head out to the farmers market and hoping to score some asparagus. Then home to make a creamed soup with it. Later, over to my sisters with soup in tow, then to off to a play.

Well, last night didn't go as planned and we ended up getting Mexican take out. So tonight will be the crawfish pizza and arugula salad. We got a new TV yesterday and retired the 200# dinosaur, so cooking time was spent moving us from tv stoneage to present.:ROFLMAO: Lots to learn.

Dinner was leftover pork steak, stuffed mushrooms and a potato.
Here's what it looked like the first time around, a couple days ago.
St Louis pork steak dinner.jpg

Oh wait, did you mean supper? :LOL:
Undecided. Maybe pork picatta.

After working my brain hard during my mentoring session, I hit the farmer's market and got some tomatoes, potatoes, rhubarb, sweet corn, strawberries and cabbage. Then went to the grocery store. Picked up some ground chuck for hamburgers. Got home and there was a note on the door. Our kitty is missing so spent the afternoon combing the neighborhood where she was last seen looking for her and making flyers to put up. That drained me. So we ordered pizza for tonight. The burgers can wait.

Yep, ended up going with the pork picatta.

Attachments

• Pork Picatta2.jpg
    Pork Picatta2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 154
On the way to the theater tonight, we stopped at a new restaurant called "Red Cow". I had the fish n' chips with a cold ale.

The play we went to see was actually food-related. It's called "I Love to Eat" and is a one man play about the life of James Beard.

img_1268177_0_d822d82e7247c5d10e1451e02277ca4f.jpg

...Got home and there was a note on the door. Our kitty is missing so spent the afternoon combing the neighborhood where she was last seen looking for her and making flyers to put up. That drained me......

:( Oh jabbur! ((hug)) I hope your kitty comes home soon. If you have an attached garage leave the door up a little so kitty can crawl in. Our previous cat got out and that's what we did, leaving a bit of water for her. She was back less than 48 hours after some fool woman friend of my widowed FIL let her get out.

Back
Top Bottom