Saturday's Dinner Nov 1st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
going to try an idea i have been thinking of since the reverse sear thread ..
so i have some nice thick strip steaks .. that i will cook at 225 for a bit ..
then finish over a super hot fire ..

Shoot!! No matter how hard I try --- I can't make my supper sound good like Miss Verablue's ---:(

Not true UB. I am always tempted by the same two people...you and Vera.

Give up trying hard to sound good, I grilled some steaks (thanks to looking at Pacanis's beef all week) baked potatoes and asparagus. I had dessert but no one, well I don't, wants any.

One day, we really need to make a trek to Vera's for dinner ... I'll bring whatever wine you specify ;)

We're having chicken lo mein with bok choy and green peppers from the garden, among other veggies, with egg rolls. Should be ready any second now.

Not too terribly inspired, but I took two leg/thigh chicken portions of the freezer. Doused them with garlic salt and browned them heavily in olive oil. Right now they're relaxing in a bath of white wine and tarragon. I'm thinking about couscous and a salad on the side. We'll see.

Lemon Pepper Salmon with spicy roasted potatoes and green beans.

Dinner was pastry leaves filled with ham/cheese and a tossed salad.

img_716483_0_37d867a2814a252184dcc41feead9aec.jpg

I ended up doing this recipe for the tilapia. I used leftover tortilla chips for the crust. Was pretty good!

Dinner was pastry leaves filled with ham/cheese and a tossed salad.

img_716558_0_37d867a2814a252184dcc41feead9aec.jpg

This looks like an awesome lunch for my daughter! Would you mind sharing how you made these? She'd love these...shucks, I'd love these for my own lunch! :)

My dinner tonight was nothing fabulous like some of the ones I drooled over, I mean read here. :LOL: I made my very first meatloaf with Miss Moxie (My KA mixer) with ground turkey, Pepperidge stuffing (that my daughter pounded for me :)), 1/2 cup of onions, 3 garlic cloves, and 1/2 cup of red, green and yellow bell peppers (combined), 1 and 1/4 tsp of blackpepper, 1/4 tsp of salt and 8 oz of ketchup (had to improvise as I was out of tomato sauce). I served it with cilantro salsa as a "sauce" and herb and butter mashed potatoes.

It was my first meatloaf and I was very nervous, but my 9 year old gave me 2 thumbs up. I'm a happy mommy! :stuart:

What a neat idea for a sandwich Marigene. What did you brush on them, they look great. I'm waiting for more info, too :^)

I used refrigerated pie dough, thinly sliced ham, provolone/swiss cheese, dijon mustard. Cut out the pastry leaves (or whatever shape you want) with a 3" cutter, using a 2" cutter for the ham/cheese. I put 2 slices of each ham/cheese in the center of the leaf, added a little dijon and then topped with another pastry leaf. Using a small brush, seal the edges very well with a little beaten egg. Make sure you make a couple small vents in each leaf so they don't burst and leak while baking. I brushed the tops with the eggwash before baking. Bake 12-14 minutes at 425°.

Back
Top Bottom