Saturday's Dinner Nov 1st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My ribs came out pretty good. Somewhere I read using tea in BBQ sauce so I put a can of Arizona Iced tea in a saucepan with 1/2 cup Bourbon and a cup of Bone Suckin Sauce. Simmered it for a bit and basted the ribs. The sauce came out great. Wish I could remember where I heard that from.

I've put iced tea in the foil pouch when I've wrapped ribs, but never added it to the sauce. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to use apple juice or iced tea for today's ribs. I might just give your sauce a try, Jeeks.
My wings came out good, too.

Attachments

• teriyakiwings.jpg
    teriyakiwings.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 169
I used refrigerated pie dough, thinly sliced ham, provolone/swiss cheese, dijon mustard. Cut out the pastry leaves (or whatever shape you want) with a 3" cutter, using a 2" cutter for the ham/cheese. I put 2 slices of each ham/cheese in the center of the leaf, added a little dijon and then topped with another pastry leaf. Using a small brush, seal the edges very well with a little beaten egg. Make sure you make a couple small vents in each leaf so they don't burst and leak while baking. I brushed the tops with the eggwash before baking. Bake 12-14 minutes at 425°.

This is great!! Thank you so much!!!! *hugs* I'm going to try these!!! I'm going to be the coolest mom and the talk of my daughter's lunch table thanks to you! :LOL:

I've put iced tea in the foil pouch when I've wrapped ribs, but never added it to the sauce. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to use apple juice or iced tea for today's ribs. I might just give your sauce a try, Jeeks.
My wings came out good, too.

That's what's great about cooking, there are no rules. I used an apple juice, apple cider and brown sugar mop. Then basted with the sauce for the last 45-60 minutes of cooking. Bone Suckin Sauce is thin compared to other jar sauces and not too overpowering say like KC Masterpiece which is very thick and bold. The sauce I made was very thin, but applying it in multiple layers built up the flavor. I also used apple wood and dusted the racks with a couple spices before they went on. Salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder, smoked paprika, cajun seasoning.

I did the corn over the firepit. :chef:

Just got back from the store, no Bone Suckin sauce.... I had heard about that sauce before and wanted to give it a try. Oh well. I still might pick up some bourbon and experiment with that though.

You can use whatever sauce you want, just don't make it too thick. I can send you some BSS if you want. I need a new jar anyway. :pig:

We went out for lunch and had Chinese, then had BBQ ribs and scalloped potatoes for supper. Kim's cousin is here and we've been eating high off the hog.

they dont sell bone sauce in very many places .. you can find out where
on their website ..

our sat encryption went down just as i was about to leave work, so i got stuck working late. i wasn't in the mood for leftovers, so i picked up take out from a steakhouse.
salad with a good, peppery ranch; prime rib with jus; garlic sauteed stringbeans; mashed with gravy. :pig:

You can use whatever sauce you want, just don't make it too thick. I can send you some BSS if you want. I need a new jar anyway. :pig:

Really? I can? :LOL:
It was all about following the recipe you used Jeeks. No biggie. No BSS, so I'll hold off on trying to duplicate your sauce until another day, since I have no idea what BSS tastes like to even attempt a match.

I used refrigerated pie dough, thinly sliced ham, provolone/swiss cheese, dijon mustard. Cut out the pastry leaves (or whatever shape you want) with a 3" cutter, using a 2" cutter for the ham/cheese. I put 2 slices of each ham/cheese in the center of the leaf, added a little dijon and then topped with another pastry leaf. Using a small brush, seal the edges very well with a little beaten egg. Make sure you make a couple small vents in each leaf so they don't burst and leak while baking. I brushed the tops with the eggwash before baking. Bake 12-14 minutes at 425°.

Wow, what beautiful presentation and such simple ingredients - this is definitely gourmet! Thanks for sharing.

I think using Puff Pastry would make them extra yummy!!:chef:

Thanks marigene! I will definitely be making these. I can think of all sorts of fillings to add to this. Lovely presentation!

Barb

I spent yesterday making a tourtiere for a neighbor who just had a baby, and the husband's parents were coming in to see the new arrival. When he came by to pick up the pie he asked what we wanted, shrimp or spring rolls (his parents are Vietnamese). Huh? I was trying to save THEM some cooking time. So we got both. the very best fried shrimp I've had (she, and I might add I've never met her, used juleienned vegetables as the crust!) AND spring rolls, plus that wonderful dipping sauce. Hubby and i prepared dinner, but our hearts just weren't in it after that great appetizer!

Back
Top Bottom