"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #51
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2"Q" View Post
how do make the ranch sauce ..
I just used ranch dressing, srirarcha, and pepper.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #52
Head Chef

thanks bbq ..

Old 11-02-2008, 01:59 PM   #53
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigene View Post
I used refrigerated pie dough, thinly sliced ham, provolone/swiss cheese, dijon mustard. Cut out the pastry leaves (or whatever shape you want) with a 3" cutter, using a 2" cutter for the ham/cheese. I put 2 slices of each ham/cheese in the center of the leaf, added a little dijon and then topped with another pastry leaf. Using a small brush, seal the edges very well with a little beaten egg. Make sure you make a couple small vents in each leaf so they don't burst and leak while baking. I brushed the tops with the eggwash before baking. Bake 12-14 minutes at 425.
Wow, what beautiful presentation and such simple ingredients - this is definitely gourmet! Thanks for sharing.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #54
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigene View Post
I used refrigerated pie dough, thinly sliced ham, provolone/swiss cheese, dijon mustard. Cut out the pastry leaves (or whatever shape you want) with a 3" cutter, using a 2" cutter for the ham/cheese. I put 2 slices of each ham/cheese in the center of the leaf, added a little dijon and then topped with another pastry leaf. Using a small brush, seal the edges very well with a little beaten egg. Make sure you make a couple small vents in each leaf so they don't burst and leak while baking. I brushed the tops with the eggwash before baking. Bake 12-14 minutes at 425.

I think using Puff Pastry would make them extra yummy!!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:22 PM   #55
Senior Cook

Thanks marigene! I will definitely be making these. I can think of all sorts of fillings to add to this. Lovely presentation!

Barb
Old 11-09-2008, 02:50 AM   #56
Assistant Cook

yes~
you are right!
i have the same question with you!
Old 11-09-2008, 06:20 AM   #57
Master Chef

I spent yesterday making a tourtiere for a neighbor who just had a baby, and the husband's parents were coming in to see the new arrival. When he came by to pick up the pie he asked what we wanted, shrimp or spring rolls (his parents are Vietnamese). Huh? I was trying to save THEM some cooking time. So we got both. the very best fried shrimp I've had (she, and I might add I've never met her, used juleienned vegetables as the crust!) AND spring rolls, plus that wonderful dipping sauce. Hubby and i prepared dinner, but our hearts just weren't in it after that great appetizer!