Saturday's feeding What's it to be? 6/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I grilled some pork chops and some corn-on-the-cob and sliced up some zucchini, yellow squash, and cucumbers from the garden.

Beautiful day here... 73 degrees and gorgeous. We made chicken and asparagus on the grill. I also tried a new ingredient in the marinade: violet-infused Balsamic vinegar. All I got to say is WOW. I could drink this stuff straight from the bottle. :)

Tonight is celebrated in all the Scandinavian (and probably the other Nordic countries too) as "Mid Summer's Eve", also called Sankt Hans Aften in Danish. So, I will be making a Danish meal: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/mock-armadillo-danish-meatloaf-69011.html#post948216 with Hasselback potatoes and a salad. Too bad I don't have any rødkål. Oh, I'll also serve some cucumber salad.

I'll serve Danish beer and akvavit with that.
This was supper:

IMG_3113.JPG
IMG_3118.JPG
IMG_3121.JPG

Spent the evening at a party celebrating the 60th wedding anniversary of Mrs 40 C's parents. Dinner, cocktails, good company, and pleasant conversation.

It felt chilly here this afternoon, after a heavy rainstorm blew through and put an end to our gardening. I used the reprieve to make clam chowder for dinner.

Our town has an annual big band concert. The concert is free to the public, but paid for by various businesses who pay quite a hefty price to buy a table. Our favorite restauranteurs in town buy a table and give it to me. I made negemaki, and told our guests (some of whom have not been, a couple of them were lame (one broken leg, one knee surgery) to bring something rather hearty. We wound up with sub sandwiches, a fruit tray, a basket of chicken, and much fun all around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom