Saturday's feeding What's it to be? 6/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Well what's it to be for dinner. Us it will be pasta, chicken fingers, baked, sliced tomatoes, avocados, sweet onion rings,, tempura green beans and rolls.
kades

last night i brined 3 tyrannosaurus pig ribs(the 3 weighed in at over a kilo) in a half brine/have cider mix to which i added star anise,dried bird eye chillies,black peppercorns,coriander/fennel/cumin & mustard seeds plus a glug of stubb's mesquite liquid smoke.they are in the oven on a low heat as i type this(it's 5:15pm here) & we'll have them with crushed new potatoes & coleslaw in about an hour.oh yeah got some mammoth green olives stuffed with garlic & pickled peri peri off the deli bar in tesco today so we'll have those too....and cold beer:yum:

DH got home late last night and we had to do some running around, so I didn't have a chance to make the stir-fry; I'll make that tonight. We picked up a Newman's Own frozen chicken parmesan skillet dinner. Yuk. Those are emergency-only rations, but I like Bertolli's better.

Firing up the Egg and making some pizza, then a gorgonzola, caramilized red onion and walnut focaccia. Recipe is claimed to originate in the southern most part of Liguria.

we had chicken tikka masala, mini garlic and coriander naans, poppadums and mango chutney.

I bought the spice paste, naans, poppadums and had the mango chutney in the cupboard as having an easy meal as I have been in the kitchen all afternoon making stuff for tomorrow evenings guests and am doing a roast (beef and yorkshire pudding) tomorrow lunch time for another guest.

Was lovely :yum:

Got a little chicken brining, it will go on the BBQ later. I'll do a wild rice/artichoke heart side dish and some grilled red pepper as well. Salad will be romaine, toasted almonds, avocado, tomatoes and a balsamic vinaigrette. Dessert is a key lime pie. I made lime curd with the last of my key limes and put that in a pie shell. I'll see how it tastes later.

Pizzaburgers and 4 bean salad. I think. Cooked up some wild rice as well, will make a casserole.

Last edited:
Sankt Hans Aften

Tonight is celebrated in all the Scandinavian (and probably the other Nordic countries too) as "Mid Summer's Eve", also called Sankt Hans Aften in Danish. So, I will be making a Danish meal: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/mock-armadillo-danish-meatloaf-69011.html#post948216 with Hasselback potatoes and a salad. Too bad I don't have any rødkål. Oh, I'll also serve some cucumber salad.

I'll serve Danish beer and akvavit with that.

Tonight is celebrated in all the Scandinavian (and probably the other Nordic countries too) as "Mid Summer's Eve", also called Sankt Hans Aften in Danish. So, I will be making a Danish meal: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/mock-armadillo-danish-meatloaf-69011.html#post948216 with Hasselback potatoes and a salad. Too bad I don't have any rødkål. Oh, I'll also serve some cucumber salad.

I'll serve Danish beer and akvavit with that.
Should come out looking like a mamma and baby armadillo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom