Saturday's Supper; 1/18/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
No idea. :LOL:
No, I'll probably have shrimp. I'll recreate Harry's buccatini/prawns dish, but use bacon instead of pancetta. Mostly because I forgot to get pancetta when I was at the store today :wacko:

And what are y'all eating tonight, or have eaten already, or are thinking about eating? :chef:

SO and SIL have been out and about all day and are now headed home. They will be exhausted from helping their SIL set up their new apartment and driving in the snow. We were going out for dinner but considering their being tired, we'll eat in. I have a bunch of different snacks/appetizers in the freezer so we'll just munch on that.

I have frozen spanakopita, flatbread pizzas, mushroom turnovers and siu mai from TJ's to tempt the palate.

Last edited:
Made a massive pot of chili, part of which I just noticed I'm wearing on my white sweatshirt. Froze the rest.

Last edited:
SO and SIL have been out and about all day and are now headed home. They will be exhausted from helping their SIL set up their new apartment and driving in the snow. We were going out for dinner but considering their being tired, we'll eat in. I have a bunch of different snacks/appetizers in the freezer so we'll just munch on that.

I have frozen spanakopita, flatbread pizzas, mushroom turnovers and siu mai from TJ's to tempt the palate.

Oh, forgot to mention tres leches cake for dessert. The peanut butter pie was rejected in favor of the tres leches cake.

We ordered pizza, hopefully it will arrive soon!

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

I'm making the Pioneer Woman's chicken tortilla soup. I roasted three chicken breasts with a rub of chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, Mexican oregano, cumin, salt, black pepper and cayenne and shredded two for the soup. I'll freeze the rest, maybe for chicken tacos later this week.

I'm finally feeling well enough to cook, yay! DH tries, but it's not his favorite thing to do.

Last edited:
We went to a multiple person birthday party this afternoon. Stirling only managed to sleep for three hours last night. All told, we were kinda pooped when we got home. I made linguine Alfredo. I used my brand new microplane from Lee Valley Tools to grate the Pecorino Romano. That worked well. Supper was easy, quick, and delicious.

"Multiple person" :huh:
Is that the politically correct way of saying schizo? :LOL:

(I knew what you meant) ;) Apparently they only had cake?
And you just teminded me I forget to get some good cheese when I was into the store today. Shoot.

Pac, maybe you just had to leave something else to guarantee another shopping trip. I get the feeling you really enjoy shopping!

I've got a pound of cod in the fridge that needs to be cooked so I'll saute fry the fish and make a pan garlic sauce to go over brown rice and steamed broccoli. The leftovers will go into fish tacos with mex. rice and leftover collard greens for tomorrow or, more likely, late tonight.

No idea. :LOL:
No, I'll probably have shrimp. I'll recreate Harry's buccatini/prawns dish, but use bacon instead of pancetta. Mostly because I forgot to get pancetta when I was at the store today :wacko:

And what are y'all eating tonight, or have eaten already, or are thinking about eating? :chef:
Now that you've changed your mind about "Perfectly Grilled Pork Chops" I'm cooking them for supper. :LOL:

I'm making the Pioneer Woman's chicken tortilla soup. I roasted three chicken breasts with a rub of chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, Mexican oregano, cumin, salt, black pepper and cayenne and shredded two for the soup. I'll freeze the rest, maybe for chicken tacos later this week.

I'm finally feeling well enough to cook, yay! DH tries, but it's not his favorite thing to do.

GG, I don't know anything about Pioneer Woman's soup, but I do know that PPO's recipe is the best I've ever had.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/quick-and-easy-chicken-tortilla-soup-recipe-83828.html

And I can look at that weird geen veggie again! :)

What weird green veggie??

Anyway, as for my food this evening.... er... well it was a bit pathetic really. For the last three Saturdays I have been trying to make a simple loaf of white bread. Don't laugh!! Making bread is not only an art, but also a science! And I was rubbish at those in school...:ermm:

So this evening's effort came out of the tin and my brother and I cut very warm slices, slathered them in butter (and cheese) and scoffed them. :)

Home made Mac & Cheese tonight.

This is it coming out of the oven.

img_1337554_0_73f4ae8f5745b8eadcef72de4e5cc8d6.jpg

And this is it plated and garnished with some bacon. :pig:

img_1337554_1_2e317e73c46f81c11706be8e64cc3df1.jpg

I wore myself out cleaning the kitchen. I'm having a PBJ - creamy PB with strawberry preserves.

Back
Top Bottom