"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #11
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Spent the day working in the yard so we got burgers from Cheeseburger in Paradise.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
Anasazi Beans and Rice
French Baguette

THANK YOU!! Thats a great site!! I bookmarked it and will give it a good look. I already want to order some soup mix and popcorn and that was just from a quick look. LOL

Old 09-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #13
Master Chef

Spinach fettuccine topped with shredded chicken breast, peas & mushroom Alfredo cream sauce (flour, butter, chicken broth, & , sea salt, ground pepper and fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses) & a sprinkle of grated cheeses and tossed salad (mixed baby greens, baby spinach, baby arugula, radicchio, sliced mushrooms and tomato) with apple cider vinegar, garlic & herb vinaigrette dressing & roasted/salted slivered almond.

Close-up

Old 09-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #14
Executive Chef

BLTs with a very good locally grown tomato, and smoky, thick sliced bacon. I've been nibbling at the bacon all day!

I use scissors to cut the bacon into pieces about the size of a postage stamp and spread them evenly over the tomato slice. You get a piece of bacon with every bite without tearing the sandwich apart.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Beth, I will be interested to hear how your sheep chops turn out.

(oh, I merged your two threads as you both posted at exactly the same time!)
They are wonderful. Actually ended up fixing 20 of them. Found a properly labeled package of 4 lamb chops from another friend and fixed those too. I rubbed on a mixture of s&p, homemade granulated garlic, oregano and some Penzey's Greek seasoning, browned all chops and put them in the crock pot. Poured on about one cup of orange juice and simmered a while. I deboned them when I removed them from the crock pot, so I have a nice batch of meat and juices for dh. He had seconds last night! real small portions though..took him three hours to eat