Saturday's Supper 9/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning everyone,

What a beautiful day were are having.

Dinner tonight will be grilled chicken marinated in EVOO, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano. Lots of tomatoes from the garden will be made into a Caprese sauce and tossed with penne.

LP - Hope you're feeling better today.

HAGD:chef:

What's for dinner Saturday Sept 18?

sheep chops:huh:

16 sheep chops. That's what is hand written on the white butcher paper. Dh hesitantly asked me if the wool was still on them? They weigh 3 ounces each, bone in. Looks like they would be good for appy's:). I'll probably do sweet potatoes and green beans for me.

What's going on in your kitchen?

Thanks, Littlechef. Yes, I have had two very restful sleeps in a row (thanks to painkillers which I hate taking) and while the knee is still very sore, the swelling is down from resting it. I am actually going out for coffee with a friend later, though it is close by and DH is driving.

For Dinner it is Dad and I again and we have tons of Chinese food from last night so that will be our dinner - easy to heat and good to eat!

Beth, I will be interested to hear how your sheep chops turn out.

(oh, I merged your two threads as you both posted at exactly the same time!)

We are having beef stew, sliced tomatoes and biscuits. The stew is already finished. I woke up a bit dizzy this morning so wanted something that would be easy with no last minute attention.

Not sure yet. Either pumpkin pancakes or a B/S chicken breast/pasta dish.

Roasted Garlic Duck breast and potato salad...it was so good I decided to have it again. And DH was not interested in the duck, he doesn't know what he is missing.

Just ate some chickpea curry at our church festival (late lunch)
That stuff was awesome!The ethnic booths kicked BU$$ on the
american fare.

Spent the day working in the yard so we got burgers from Cheeseburger in Paradise.

Spinach fettuccine topped with shredded chicken breast, peas & mushroom Alfredo cream sauce (flour, butter, chicken broth, ½ & ½, sea salt, ground pepper and fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses) & a sprinkle of grated cheeses and tossed salad (mixed baby greens, baby spinach, baby arugula, radicchio, sliced mushrooms and tomato) with apple cider vinegar, garlic & herb vinaigrette dressing & roasted/salted slivered almond.

img_920957_0_f560ef1e61bceb6d161c24bde6f68e7c.jpg

Close-up

img_920957_1_7f1b7d88f32a9b50b2393eb721d58439.jpg

BLTs with a very good locally grown tomato, and smoky, thick sliced bacon. I've been nibbling at the bacon all day! :innocent:

I use scissors to cut the bacon into pieces about the size of a postage stamp and spread them evenly over the tomato slice. You get a piece of bacon with every bite without tearing the sandwich apart.

Last edited:
Beth, I will be interested to hear how your sheep chops turn out.

(oh, I merged your two threads as you both posted at exactly the same time!)

They are wonderful. Actually ended up fixing 20 of them:ohmy:. Found a properly labeled package of 4 lamb chops from another friend and fixed those too. I rubbed on a mixture of s&p, homemade granulated garlic, oregano and some Penzey's Greek seasoning, browned all chops and put them in the crock pot. Poured on about one cup of orange juice and simmered a while. I deboned them when I removed them from the crock pot, so I have a nice batch of meat and juices for dh. He had seconds last night! real small portions though..took him three hours to eat:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom