Saturday's Supper 9/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Hello everyone,

My son is home from college this weekend, so dinner will be his request of, breaded chicken cutlets, marinara sauce over farfalle pasta, summer salad, and escarole sauteed in oil and garlic.

HAGD:chef:

I took chicken out and was going to make rosemary & herb roasted potatoes and chicken but I think I will save that for tomorrow and it will be ravioli with cheese sauce and steamed cauliflower tonight.

Today is something called "Music on Main", a street dance, where vendors sell brats, beer, etc. So I'm not cooking.

I'm thinking Stashu. Just like Reuben, but with kielbasa sliced lengthwise into thirds and fried, on rye bread spread with a little thousand island dressing, swiss cheese, and a little sauerkraut. Grilled of course.

I saved leftover sauerkraut from a can, drained and rinsed, then put into a zip bag and flattened. It makes it easy to just break off enough for a sandwich.

I was hoping for some ideas from you guys, but it's early yet.

I'm making a batch of sesame noodles. I'll make some extra marinade and marinate some chicken thighs and cook them on the grill. Fresh steamed broccoli will make my mother happy I'm eating my vegetables.

I'm making a batch of sesame noodles. I'll make some extra marinade and marinate some chicken thighs and cook them on the grill. Fresh steamed broccoli will make my mother happy I'm eating my vegetables.
OH NO another noodle addict!!

What a good idea Andy. I didn't think to make the marinade for grilling chicken! I'm going to copy you tomorrow nite, but I think I'll make that broccoli salad thing. I said I was "on the wagon" from the sesame noodles till mid Sept, but I'm just too weak to last.

My husbands grown son is coming for an early dinner tomorrow, and I've only met him once. I think the menu will fill the bill.......what's not to like?
Thanks for the idea.

Last edited:
Company over again this weekend. We've been running errands all day. So easy does it for dinner tonight. "Kids" from 3 generations having lots of fun with Wii.

Chili-dogs and Frito Chilli-pies with tater tots.

Too tired to do that pasta dish I had planned for tonight.
I've been getting ready for Steve's son tomorrow and made the fresh peach cake I posted yesterday.

We're going to our favorite "hole in the wall" 7 table Mexican restaurant, they have outstanding "home cooked" food!! My mouth is set for her pork tamale's with chili verde on top. yummmmm

Old fashioned pan fried chicken with gravy. Mashed pot and boxed stuffing, garden fresh beets and peas. Very carby but hubby loves it.

corned beef with veg ... with enough left over for hash and sandwiches as well as another dinner!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom