Seems No One Is Cooking Today, 1-17-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish you LUCK on your experiment!
Here was my experiment today, Parmesan Herb Star Bread.
10157217_977289248975568_6189374058338295837_n.jpg

Not cooking, but, baking.

That looks great! I know you've been eating keto/low carb. Is this a recipe that fits on the plan and, if so, would you mind sharing it?

As far as cooking today, I didn't. We had a board meeting for my wine club, which always involves food (and drink, of course :)). Lots of snacky things filled me up.

Last edited:
That looks great! I know you've been eating keto/low carb. Is this a recipe that fits on the plan and, if so, would you mind sharing it?

As far as cooking today, I didn't. We had a board meeting for my wine club, which always involves food (and drink, of course :)). Lots of snacky things filled me up.

Ha ha ha ha...... Yesterday I had cream w/coffee, crystal light, eggplant parmesan (crusty pork rinds on eggplant) w/meat sauce, parmesan, thin sliced salami w/cream cheese, and one tiny bite of star bread.
This is the part of the keto plan called, "keeping DH happy" and "enjoying baking". DH said to me "oh have another bite, just a little more, it won't hurt you..." about 10 times. I did not. I also make lots of cookies, not for me, pasta, not for me, potatoes, not for me, you get the idea.

Good looking meals. And msmofet, I think those mini dutch ovens are adorable. Sadly, I have Corning French White ramekins about the same size and it would be hard for me to justify another kitchen something. Still.....

By the time I was done doing food prep for tomorrow night's supper I was ready to make a quick supper tonight. Small salads, then Naan pizzas. I used up some ricotta from a previous time and made a white sauce for mine. I think I like jarred Alfredo sauce better, but this was good enough in a pinch.

Hmmmm Do you're Corning have cute lil covers?
:angel: LOL

You're dinner looks great.

Last edited:

Now you've gone and done it, MsM. I just ordered a couple from Amazon. They only had 10 left in stock. Like I need them. But they're so stinkin' cute! And I already have Cuisinart pots and pans.

Now you've gone and done it, MsM. I just ordered a couple from Amazon. They only had 10 left in stock. Like I need them. But they're so stinkin' cute! And I already have Cuisinart pots and pans.

LOL I also have Cuisinart pots and pans. I love my 2 qt and 3 qt. pots with strainer lids. Their great for pasta and potatoes.

Yes, they do. It's called "aluminum foil". :LOL: I really want to get this house cleaned out, sold, and get back home to OH. I don't need to add more things to what needs moving. However, I do have an excellent memory for all things culinary. I will certainly hunts these little babies down whenif we ever get back home. Until then, I'll keep Reynolds in business. Or not. I don't use them often, and most of the time the contents don't require a lid.

Thank you!

This is the part of the keto plan called, "keeping DH happy" and "enjoying baking". DH said to me "oh have another bite, just a little more, it won't hurt you..." about 10 times. I did not. I also make lots of cookies, not for me, pasta, not for me, potatoes, not for me, you get the idea.
Ha ha... yes, I absolutely understand. I feel very fortunate in that Mrs. K eats the same things I do. The only time I have to make separate foods is when our daughter comes home for a meal. But I try to plan it so all I need to do is make rice or a potato or something like that.

Guess what came today? They are absolutely adorable! I love them! I have no idea what I will do with them, but they're so cute, I don't care!

Yay, Dawg! Hmm, let's see. Veggies and ranch dip. Pita and hummus dip. Veggies and tzatziki dip. Gyoza and soy sauce-ginger dip. Garlic knots and marinara dip... ;)

Great ideas, GG! I figured I would wear them around the house, maybe to the grocery store. Earrings and a necklace!

LOL!! I did individual Yorkshire puddings on Christmas. On New Years day I used them for salsa, onion dip, blue cheese dip and olive salad to go along with an Italian hero and chips. Then the baked mashed. I am thinking of individual pot pies with puff pastry top.

What is the capacity of those dishes?

Features
Set of two 0.32-quart capacity mini servers
Premium stainless steel and oven safe to 350°F
Oven, stovetop, broiler, and freezer safe
Dishwasher safe
Lifetime warranty
Product Information
Product Dimensions 4.3 x 5.3 x 7.9 inches
Item Weight 1.6 pounds

.32 qt = 10.24 fl. Oz.
that's roughly the contents of 1 can of Campbell soup undiluted.

Back
Top Bottom