Seems No One Is Cooking Today, 1-17-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagut

Head Chef
So I'll post this drivel.

I did a Ham in the crockpot so as I was pulling it out I asked myself.
What can I do for eats tonight?

The ham is for Sammies for lunch this week.

Roast Chicken Drumsticks are dinner tonight.

Hmmmmm... Mashed Taters sound good.

How bout I toss the taters in the crock pot since it's hot and see what happens.

Well tonight's dinner is drumsticks and mashed taters from the crockpot cooked in the ham juice.

I tossed a few garlic cloves in with the ham so I might just get garlic taters.

Wish me luck with my experiment. ;)

I wish you LUCK on your experiment!
Here was my experiment today, Parmesan Herb Star Bread.
10157217_977289248975568_6189374058338295837_n.jpg

Not cooking, but, baking.

Your experiment sounds good to me, Zagut!

I have produce to use up, so I'm thinking dinner will be a loaded up salad topped with bottled Marie's ranch dressing, or a homemade Thousand Island. I might add some leftover chicken and sliced hard cooked eggs for some protein.

blissful, your bread looks delicious, and so pretty!

Last edited:
Larry, I saw that earlier this week too. That method of frosting valentine cookies is awesome.

Wow, that's beautiful Bliss I bet it tastes as good as it looks! The way I see it, you can cook without baking but you can't bake without cooking. Putting together something cold that isn't cooked is still preparing food for eating, so maybe it's called cooking also?
Now I'm confusing myself. My Mom used to tell me I think too much.:rolleyes::LOL:

I'm not cooking yet, but I will be. You've been busy Z! All sounds good.

I think I'll stick some pork riblets in the oven along with some tater tots and the SC can make us some salad. :)

Trying a new recipe for whole roast chicken...using the crock-pot and oven broiler. So far the chicken is smelling really good.

Our sides will be roasted new potatoes with fresh rosemary and olive oil, along with some steamed green beans that we froze from last summer's garden.

No plans for dessert because I have a feeling we're going to be more than adequately sated.

Wow, that's beautiful Bliss I bet it tastes as good as it looks! The way I see it, you can cook without baking but you can't bake without cooking. Putting together something cold that isn't cooked is still preparing food for eating, so maybe it's called cooking also?
I think cooking means, you used a utensil, or you turned on a heating appliance. That should cover it! ;)

Stuffed cabbage
My grandmothers vegetable soup
My daughter is baking cookies and then experimenting with Royal Icing, as she saw on a video crawling around on the web recently.
( She's practicing before she tackles valentines day cookies)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDVMKgjCJDk

Those are much too beautiful for me to attempt. :yum:

Your experiment sounds good to me, Zagut!

I have produce to use up, so I'm thinking dinner will be a loaded up salad topped with bottled Marie's ranch dressing, or a homemade Thousand Island. I might add some leftover chicken and sliced hard cooked eggs for some protein.

blissful, your bread looks delicious, and so pretty!

Cheryl, I hope it turns out successful. It is hard to screw up taters but knowing me I can find a way. :LOL:

Blissful, I'll trade you my experimental taters for your wonderful experimental Parmesan Herb Star Bread any day, :chef:

Now I'm confusing myself. My Mom used to tell me I think too much.:rolleyes::LOL:

I'm not cooking yet, but I will be. You've been busy Z! All sounds good.

I think I'll stick some pork riblets in the oven along with some tater tots and the SC can make us some salad. :)

Yes Kayelle I've been busy. But weekends are when I have the time to cook so I use the time as best I can.
I also tend to think too much so I've pretty much given it up.
The trouble is my tummy wants yummy chow and my taste buds agree. :(

Larry, I saw that earlier this week too. That method of frosting valentine cookies is awesome.
It really is.
I don't have the patience to do it, but she does, she's also artistically talented. She's giving herself a month to practice.
Ill post results ( assuming they come out ok and she lets me post them :)

It really is.
I don't have the patience to do it, but she does, she's also artistically talented. She's giving herself a month to practice.
I'd like to see the pictures when you get a chance. I'm also open to taking the practice cookies off your hands, for quality testing, ya know. ;)

We had pot roast on Friday and then last night I went and got a pizza/wings at a local tavern/grille. Today we're having beef stew made out of pot roast leftovers.

I have a pot of pozole simmering on the woodstove. I soaked the blue pozole for 48 hours. Not sure if I will eat it tonight ir not. I am not hungry now. But it smells good.

Chili that will cause the purists to cringe. Beans, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, and CORN! Oh yeah, some ground beef thrown in. No chicken this time, like I usually do. Served over a well cooked sweet potato.

Chili that will cause the purists to cringe. Beans, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, and CORN! Oh yeah, some ground beef thrown in. No chicken this time, like I usually do. Served over a well cooked sweet potato.

Let 'em cringe Speed! Sounds like durn good grub to me, and I'm glad you don't have any chicken this time.:yum:

It really is.

How old is your girl Larry? Please tell her we're all rooting for her. We can be her fan club.
Never in a million years would I be able to make those so perfect!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom