September 3rd..whats for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure, they had a buy 1 get one meat sale this week, I have lots of chicken thighs and pork.
I was thinking crock-pot but I'm sort of out of time for that.
Maybe potato pancakes.

Grilled shrimp with an Asian marinade and BBQ sauce made from hoisin sauce and sweet Thai chili sauce; green salad with ginger-soy dressing; and sesame noodles on the side.

Pan grilled orange roughy with sweet green chili sauce on a bed of rice and broccoli cheese soup. Green apple crostata with homemade, low-fat, cinnamon crust.

a nice chef's salad, ordered with my groceries from deli. that's it i think, maybe some crackers.

i try not to cook on day groceries are delivered. takes a while to put away a months worth of food. i am usually tired when it is done.

babe:cool:

We are trying Chicken in plum sauce, white rice, tossed shredded lettuce with tomato and avocado and just some evoo and rice vinegar..Harcourt vertes with just butter , salt and pepper..Dessert an apple crostata.It may not go well together , but it's food:LOL:
kadesma

Kristin's birthday dinner tonight. She chose meatloaf, mac and cheese, coleslaw and chocolate cake.

Grantskat your recipe sounds good. Let us know how it turns out.

oven roasted beef tenderloin seared then a rub of hot-sweet mustard with herbs, potatoes with basil , salt, pepper and evoo, string beans.

Making collards with ham hocks. and cornbread. :)
I'm still wreathing over the mess I ended up with after making my ham hocks last week in the crock. They were nothing but bones and fat, no meat, boy did I ever want to take them back to the market and should have, but didn't. Ham hocks in the past from my memory anyway, are full of delicious meat right? < Not this time, dogs sure enjoyed the bones though:wacko:
Dinner, no clue........................maybe salad again, it's hot

I'm still wreathing over the mess I ended up with after making my ham hocks last week in the crock. They were nothing but bones and fat, no meat, boy did I ever want to take them back to the market and should have, but didn't. Ham hocks in the past from my memory anyway, are full of delicious meat right? < Not this time, dogs sure enjoyed the bones though:wacko:
Dinner, no clue........................maybe salad again, it's hot
Couldn't you have used the hocks for split pea soup? Unless of course no one likes split pea soup. ;)

Couldn't you have used the hocks for split pea soup? Unless of course no one likes split pea soup. ;)
LC61, we all love split pea soup but I would have only ended up with a pot of fat flavored peas. In my split pea soup, I use 1 T of butter to sweat the onions, carrots and celery, other than that, I don't use fat, no need, it's so good without all that added fat. On occasion I do not use any fat at all in my SP soup, just don't find the need, but once in a while, I will top it with a choice of bacon bits [the real stuff] or sour cream just in case someone wants to jazz it up..... But where was the meat is my question? What a disappointment.....

i'd like bass with lemon & herbs, garlic & parsley mashed taters, & haricots. now if i can find that bass...

LEFSElover said:
But where was the meat is my question? What a disappointment.....

Still on the ham or picnic!.... Most of the run-of-the-mill hocks in grocery stores are just as you described...Skin, bone, fat, gristle, and precious little meat...Hocks with meat are out there...you just have to look for them. Next time you cook a ham...save some of the meat/bone for your seasoning....

Looks like Red Snapper with Shrimp for me tonight.

Using up Sunday's Roast - Hot roast beef sandwiches and french fries smothered in gravy, corn on the side. A real comfort food meal!

My face is very drawn UB. Usually it's Miss Lefse..............
:(

Next time I will look better tho, I thought all ham hocks were alike. Dumb me...

Miss Lefse....Where were my manners?? A thousand pardons. Dumb? Never ever!!!!

All hocks created equal?? While still attached to the hog..yes:pig:.. but not after the butcher's knife/saw has done it's deed.:ohmy:. Shop/look around, there are those that are better than others to be found....Maybe not in a main stream grocery retailer...depending on where you shop, but a real butcher shop may have them, or can get them for you.

Either tacos or grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I haven't decided yet.

Back
Top Bottom