Shrimp Tacos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I am making shrimp tacos tonight for dinner. What would be a good "go with"? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

How did you know that? :LOL:
I wasn't even sure what a "go with" was... a side, a filling, a sauce :huh:

I like coleslaw in a fish or shrimp taco, I also think it's good as a side.:)

I think in the shrimp taco some fine diced tomato, onion and green or jalapeño chilies tossed lightly with the shrimp would be good.

Coleslaw can be made with any flavor profile. :pig:

Wasibi coleslaw
39817-albums933-picture5431.jpg

Corn and black bean salsa with diced red peppers, jalapeño and lime juice would make a nice side. I like light dressings with Mexican seafood dishes, like sour cream or Greek yogurt mixed with chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt and a little sugar to balance the lime. A little cabbage or cole slaw, as PF suggested, would give it a nice crunch.

Last edited:
The slaw I like to use for Fish Tacos is

2 cups thin sliced cabbage
pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
1/2 Tablespoon chopped jalapeno
3 Tablespoons Mexican cream
Mix and put in refrigerator 1 hour

Corn and black bean salsa with diced red peppers, jalapeño and lime juice would make a nice side. I like light dressings with Mexican seafood dishes, like sour cream or Greek yogurt mixed with chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt and a little sugar to balance the lime. A little cabbage or cole slaw, as PF suggested, would give it a nice crunch.

This is almost exactly how I do seafood taco dinners. :yum: If I don't have lime juice to mix with the cabbage and Greek (or plain) yogurt for the taco topping, I'll use a little bit of rice wine vinegar instead. Just as good....almost. :)

Back
Top Bottom