Sides for BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
We are invited to a pot luck dinner at a friend's home on Wednesday. She is furnishing the BBQ and accompaniments, and has assigned me and another woman to bring side dishes. I'm thinking baked beans. I have a recipe for baked white beans that is very good. Think this will go well?

Baked beans are always welcomed, IMHO. :yum:

Have you posted your recipe?

Last edited:
your friend said, "She is furnishing the BBQ and accompaniments, and has assigned me and another woman to bring side dishes."

I think she will have beans, and salads..

I think she means "something else" like drinks and Devild Eggs!

Eric, Austin Tx.

giggler said:
your friend said, "She is furnishing the BBQ and accompaniments, and has assigned me and another woman to bring side dishes."

I think she will have beans, and salads..

I think she means "something else" like drinks and Devild Eggs!

Eric, Austin Tx.

True. You probably should ask, though I still would like your recipe.

The hostess is supplying the BBQ, "accompaniments" and margaritas and beer, soft drinks, etc. I will check with her, so that I am not bringing anything that she plans to have. Also should check with my other friend who has been asked to bring a side dish.

I will post the recipe for you Dawg.

agreed about what does "accompaniments" mean?

for me, sides should be a salad, baked beans with bacon, steak fries or salt crusted baked spuds, cole slaw, fat back sauteed collard greens, and corn bread (sweet in the north, savory in the south. jalapeno as an option in either).

She is making bbq beef sandwiches. I e-mailed her and she will be happy to have me bring the beans. Bucky, I still don't know what accompaniments she is supplying.

Always a hit our parties:

Loaded Potatoe Csserole
2 (16oz) containers sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 (3oz) bags real bacon bits
2 packages Ranch Dip mix
1 large (28 - 30oz) bag frozen hash brown potatoes - shredded kind

Combine first 4 ingredients, mix in hash browns.
Spread into a 9x13 pan.
Bake at 400 for 45-60 minutes.

Loaded Potatoe Csserole
2 packages Ranch Dip mix

Spread into a 9x13 pan.

That sounds fantastic!

Loaded Potatoe Csserole
2 packages Ranch Dip mix

Spread into a 9x13 pan.

Mmmmm BACON..... CHEESE.....MMMmmmmm :LOL:

She is making bbq beef sandwiches. I e-mailed her and she will be happy to have me bring the beans. Bucky, I still don't know what accompaniments she is supplying.

I think that the accompaniments would include items like Rolls, BBQ Sauce, Cole Slaw, Hot Sauce, Mustard, Fresh Onions, Tomatoes, Pickles and/or anything else that someone might put on their sandwich.:chef:

That sounds so good, Letscook! C&P! Would it work with reduced fat sour cream and cheddar? I'm afraid I might eat the whole thing....

Last edited:
yes works fine with the reduce fat sour cream and 2 % cheese. Don't use "baco's" use the real bacon bits that come in the bag, Its a great casserole as it can be made ahead of time and then baked.
You're right it is habit forming - I could eat the whole thing Hard to believe but I once had a little left over and the next day I Had it for breakfast - made it into a pancake size and had a over easy eggs on it. YUM.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom