Sides for Blackened Salmon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobsanX

Sous Chef
I'm making blackened salmon tonight, but I'm having trouble deciding on a side dish. I'm probably going to steam some broccoli, and I figure I could make some kind of starch dish.

I have lots of staple ingredients, but nothing too exotic. Anybody have some suggestions?

Dinner's probably over, but my personal tastes always makes something green when I am blackening fish. I would have gone with the broc. It adds the contrast I like

Dinner's probably over, but my personal tastes always makes something green when I am blackening fish. I would have gone with the broc. It adds the contrast I like

I always intended to make the broccoli, and I made the rice pilaf too. It was all very tasty, but I think I should have made a sauce for the salmon. It was delicious, but it could have used an extra dimension...

Soy sauce goes fantastic with salmon.

So does some grilled Greek Feta on top (although I know that's not a sauce!).

corn with peppers would be great with it.

Frozen corn(or fresh if you have it), diced roasted red peppers, diced roasted jalapeno peppers, salt, black pepper.

Put a skillet on the stove, drop in a bit of olive oil. Add the corn and peppers and fry until the corn just begins to brown...

Back
Top Bottom