"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 09-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #31
Assistant Cook
Originally Posted by kadesma
How do you little ones feel about, fruit,peas,tomatoes,potatoes,? My grandkids love foods of all kinds. You could try kebobs of fruit, tomatoes cut into quarters with a dressing they like, mine love savory salad dressing made from dry mustard or a dijon, some sugar,salt,vinegar, evoo, grated onion to get some juice from it, celery seed, savory is optional. I use just a samll amount of thedry mustard, I prefer Dejon. This is good orver a small can of Icy cold mandarin oranges, along with Avocado slices, The kids smack their lips over this one. How about potatoes with grated onion, along whit thin sliced red potatoes, salt and pepper. layer potatoes in casserrole dish that you've buttered or sprayed with pam, cover with chichen broth, addsome Monterey Jack cheese thin sliced pour over a little melted butter then back til soft in a 325 oven. You can scoo[ out the center of tomatoes and then fill with with bread cubes you make using day old bread cut into small cubes, dot with butter, tiny sauteed onion bits and some bacon bits. My guys love bacon and they also love tiny cherry tomatoes, sauteed then add salt, and cream let the cream come to a boil amd add butter and bread crumbs serve right away. A slice of crumbled bacon over the top should make them go emmmmm. Hope this helps If I can do more give a yell.
Seriously sounds yummy!!! They are awesome with their fruits and potatoes.... I will definitely be trying some of these ideas!!! My daughter as of right now eats anything!!!! They do love raw onions...weird I know... But they are Sicilian lol.... I am hoping these ideas bring some new life to our boring dinner menu...I'm so over it!! I can not think of what to make anymore!!!! I am always interested in new ideas!!! Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you again, please if you have any other yummy creations please keep me in mind lol

Lovex4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Lovex4 View Post
Ok well I tried a packaged quinoa, looked mixed of black and white but was preseasoned like garden vegetable or something... I wasn't happy with the consistency of it... I though it would be more cous cous like, but it was a little too grainy...did I chose wrong or is that how it's supposed to taste??
I don't find it grainy...you might not have cooked it long enough.

I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote