Sir Elton John's Birthday Dinner - 3/25/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Hold My Clothes and Tie Me Down Sir, count the hollandaise the highway."

Happy Birthday, Sir Elton!

So far asparagus and hollandaise. Maybe some ham salad.

Last edited:
Roasted tomato soup with fennel, onions, carrots, basil and anise liquer. Muenster cheese toasts and homemade fresh chaurice. We also had another dish to use up the chaurice and muenster that I'll post pics of later

picture.php

Sir Elton had better be satisfied with leftovers if he shows up at our place. :cool:

I've been busy and got hungry, so I had last night's little bit of fish and three popcorn shrimp. Just had half of the kielbasa and cabbage soup. Himself will have the scallops with Brussels sprouts and bacon and finish the k&c soup. We might be able to clean up the one generous serving of creamy chicken and wild rice, too, if I'm lucky. Definitely sauteing pineapple with butter and brown sugar later, to spoon over a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.

I didn't sleep well, then got up early for an all-day training workshop, then came home and worked in the garden till the bees chased me inside. I'm beat.

I'll make salads and we'll get a pizza from our neighborhood pizza joint.

LOL Dawg! :ROFLMAO: And happy birthday, Sir Elton.

I had pan seared scallops with lemon and parsley butter, and asparagus for a side. 4:30PM, dinner is done, the kitchen is closed, and it's wine o'clock. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheryl, I don't see the pic either, but you sure know how to sear scallops!

I'm about to pan fry bacon wrapped Fillet Mignon. I'm also using the toaster oven for a couple of 4" portabella's that have been stuffed with cooked baby spinach/sun dried tomatoes with smoked Gouda cheese on top.

Last edited:
For Elton John's birthday dinner, I think I'll start with a lettuce wedge, because all the girls love lettuce. For a little bitterness, maybe I'll thrown on some rockets, man.

I thought about grilling tonight, but I let the sun go down on me.

I may do another chili relleno, because Saturday night's alright for frying. I'll have to blister the poblano first, and make sure I don't Levon any skin. I was thinking of adding corn to my cheese and rice mix, but the corn in my fridge has some mold on it, so goodbye yellow sweet corn.

Funny thing, I just got back from 7-Eleven, where I bought some lite beer to have with dinner. I slipped on a puddle on the floor, and almost fell, but this guy caught me, so I'm still standing, and somebody saved my lite tonight.

I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress. :D

CD

Cheryl, I don't see the pic either, but you sure know how to sear scallops!

I'm about to pan fry bacon wrapped Fillet Mignon. I'm also using the toaster oven for a couple of 4" portabella's that have been stuffed with cooked baby spinach/sun dried tomatoes with smoked Gouda cheese on top.

Ohhh yumm, glad I remembered a picture before it was all gone. :yum:

img_1504244_0_dcd7d38dc0f472b68679416dfa28b754.jpg

There seems to have been a glitch in the system....trying again with a pic of this afternoon's pan seared scallops dinner. :chef::LOL:
img_1504245_0_9c7373e10c3076af0a42d4e05fe17c57.jpg

There it is! Whew! Nice nice, Kay and Cheryl!

One of my fave Elton songs, "Someone Shaved My Wife Tonight, Sugarbears."

Those sugarbears are nasty with a razor.

Last edited:
Thank you Kay, and OMGosh I'm drooling over your filet mignon and portabellos with fixin's.

Tenspeed...the recipe you posted for sweet n sour sounds great, copied and saved. Thank you!

Dawg and Casey....you guys are cracking me up with your takes on Elton songs...LOL. :ROFLMAO:

Everyone's dinners sound wonderful this evening. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom