Six Months Before Christmas Dinner 6-25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I made a Sunday Ragu with sweet Italian sausages and meatballs. We had it with spaghetti.

What have you done?

Andy, how could you bring up Christmas!

I still haven't decided what I will have for my evening meal. We had salads for our main meal. I had avocado and cheese as my main items and TB had garlic "butter" prawns for his. Greens included romaine and spinach from our garden and kale from the store.

Gah! What a horrid thought!

Smoked salmon with chopped black olives, cream cheese and crackers along with whatever else is in the fridge.

Last edited:
Lobster Salad in a buttered, toasted New England style hot dog bun. And there is still some lobster salad left for a middle of the night raid. And hot dog buns. :angel:

I threw together a casserole with stuff I had on hand.

Leftover rotisserie chicken, sauteed chopped portabella mushrooms with chopped onion, a can of cream of mushroom soup mixed with equal part of green enchilada sauce, cut up raw fresh asparagus, a cup of grated cheddar cheese and topped the casserole with a thick layer of buttered Panko bread crumbs. Baked it for about an hour. Not bad at all.

Last edited:
You're all a bunch of scrooges.

Not I! :LOL: I started online Christmas shopping today for my six grandchildren. They don't get a lot from me, but I like to get them one special gift and a couple of stocking stuffers.

Dinner today was a roast beef sandwich and an avocado.

Didn't cook tonight, but I did eat at a very tasty Sri Lankan curry place. This is their "Deviled Lamb" and it's fantastic. Very vibrant and flavorful. I must find a recipe for this.

img_1371060_0_ae14b297b34f3d696f815299fc51938e.jpg

Not I! :LOL: I started online Christmas shopping today for my six grandchildren. They don't get a lot from me, but I like to get them one special gift and a couple of stocking stuffers.

Bah humbug!!!! And I don't like the Who's in Whoville either. :D

Our Leon day celebration was postponed due to rain. It is going to take place this evening with bands, fireworks etc... A big night for the tweenies in town!

Last night was homemade chicken fingers and cucumber salad.

Lobster Salad in a buttered, toasted New England style hot dog bun. And there is still some lobster salad left for a middle of the night raid. And hot dog buns. :angel:

You're making me jealous Addie!!!!!
I would love a lobster roll. A real one like you have! :yum:

You're making me jealous Addie!!!!!
I would love a lobster roll. A real one like you have! :yum:

I think I am over my boredom with lobster. I had four huge lobster tails. Diced celery, onion, salt, pepper and a leaf of lettuce. Butter the outside of the roll, grill in a sauté pan. I managed to make three rolls and just ate the rest like Miss Piggy would. Right out of the bowl. YUM! :angel:

I am glad I had my lobster, but that sounds good. I love cabbage, no matter how it is cooked. :angel:

It was good Addie. :yum:

I wish I'd had your Lobster but tossing some Cabbage w/Ham into the skillet was the lazy mans dinner with what was on hand at the moment.

Tell ya what. You send me your lobster and I'll send you all of the cabbage I grow before the #***#@@@***! snails get it. ;)

It was good Addie. :yum:

I wish I'd had your Lobster but tossing some Cabbage w/Ham into the skillet was the lazy mans dinner with what was on hand at the moment.

Tell ya what. You send me your lobster and I'll send you all of the cabbage I grow before the #***#@@@***! snails get it. ;)

My other used to keep a box of Morton's Salt on the back steps. Every time we saw a snail, it gave us kids great pleasure to pour salt on it and watch it melt. I am still feeling full from all the lobster. :angel:

Too many snails here and I don't want to salt the earth like the Romans did.

I'm still full of Cabbage(Yeah, Other stuff too from the peanut gallery) and am happy to hear you're well on the full tummy front also. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom